Sorry, this job has expired!
1st Line IT Support Engineer/IT Helpdesk Support/IT Technician
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon (OX14)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world’s energy production – it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long term nuclear waste or carbon emissions).
They aim to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company’s innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click and Reuters news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum on 2016.
This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team and to tackle the challenge of a lifetime.
Are you highly motivated, enthusiastic and seeking a new challenge in a fast paced environment, then this could be the role for you. They are looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer who will be responsible for working closely with the IT Manager to deliver day to day support as well as the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s critical IT infrastructure to fulfil the current and future business needs.
- Assist users with IT related issues
- Installing/upgrading windows based computers and installing software packages
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at any one time then escalating any unresolved issue to the IT Manager
- Configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with any password issues
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Resolving security alerts on users computers Maintaining/creating documentation for processes and procedures
- Follow up with users to ensure that their issues are resolved
- Produce reports as and when necessary
- Used to working in a small technical team
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Proven work experience as an IT Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobiles devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desk top applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help both written and verbal
- Basic cyber security knowledge
- VM ware
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies would be advantageous
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities which will require successful pre-employment health screening through their Occupational Health Service before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
- Night working (11pm-6am)
- Work in hot or cold environments
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; 1st Line IT Support Engineer, SQL, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, Support Engineer, Support Technician, Desk Support, IT Support Technician, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Trainee Software Developer may also be considered for this role.