Sorry, this job has expired!
1st Line IT Support Specialist / IT Support Engineer
Job Title: First Line IT Support Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is the UK’s market leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services providing an all-encompassing waste management service that looks to enhance the environmental and financial performance of their customers. With a strong focus on their technology they have an ambitious and innovative in-house IT department which manages the technology they internally and their offerings to the customers and suppliers.
The Company has now an exciting opportunity for someone to join their in-house IT department as a 1st Line Support Specialist. This could be an excellent chance for someone with the right attributes to begin their career in IT in this busy and ambitious department.
Managing helpdesk requests, you will need a good level of customer service, communicating with your colleagues across the business regarding the support you are providing.
- Receive requests for assistance through the IT helpdesk and communicate with colleagues regarding timescales for completion
- Prioritise your workload and ensure deadlines are maintained or variations are advised appropriately
- Proactively find solutions to requests raised or discuss with colleagues when necessary
- Taking ownership for the resolution of issues, monitoring progress and applying the escalation procedure as necessary
- To ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to all clients
- Assist with plans to install or upgrade items of hardware and/or software as directed
- Take ownership of Datacap, developing the system and product specific documentation
To be successful you will have/ be:
- Hungry for success
- Teamwork skills
- Customer centric
- Good problem-solving skills and initiative
- Knowledge of Windows and Office 365
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to set expectations and communicate results
- Efficient and organised approach to workload
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: IT Support, IT Helpdesk Support, IT Customer Support Technician, 1st Line Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Customer Support Specialist, IT Support Engineer, IT Desktop Support, IT Technician may also be considered for this role.