2nd Line Support Engineer / ICT Support Officer / IT Helpdesk
£22684 - £26732 per annum
Job Title: ICT Support Officers
Salary: £22,684 – £26,732 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week, covering shift patterns between 0745 and 1730)
Closing date: 8th Sep 2019
- Are you a good problem solver and communicator?
- Can you ask the right questions so as to resolve end user ICT problems quickly and successfully?
- Do you have the desire and commitment to work in a busy ICT Service Desk environment?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions and have the desire and commitment to work in a busy ICT Customer Service Desk this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
They have at least two permanent vacancies for 2nd Line Support Officers within the ICT Customer Services Team.
- To provide day to day support to Service Desk team members and customers of ICT
- To ensure service performance is within established parameters
- To oversee and monitor the handover of calls between support teams and third party suppliers
- To provide assistance to the Service Desk Lead Officers and/or 2nd Line Senior Officer and to deputise for them as required
- Ensure all incidents are appropriately recorded and updated in the Council’s Service Desk system
- Act as the first point of contact or an escalation point for any business critical support requirements and take ownership for resolution
- Assist with the maintenance and adaptation of RMS
- Ensure the build room is maintained as a secure environment
- Ensure stock levels for the team are managed appropriately
- Design and implement new procedures and processes for hardware configuration and software installations when required
- Highlight recurring issues and skills shortages to Service Desk Lead Officers and advise upon likely resolutions
- Follow, review and implement agreed Service Desk procedures and processes
- Experience using and maintaining service desk software
- Experience of working in ICT Service Desk Operation
- Experience of supervising multi-skilled people
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Qualified by experience within an IT Service Desk environment
- Practical experience of operating in a Service Desk environment on a day to day basis
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate effective experience of, leading and motivating others
- Appreciation of and ability and experience of operating within a political environment
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Windows, General Ledger etc.) and to be aware of how ICT systems can be used to maximise support and streamline processes
- Knowledge of ITIL
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: 1st Line Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, IT Customer Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician may also be considered for this role.