Sorry, this job has expired!
Account Manager / Key Account Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Title: Account Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £ 35,000 OTE circa £60,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a highly recognized player when it comes to multichannel marketing analytics and customer journey platforms (Martech). They are unique in that when they add their customer data platform (CDP) to the mix so marketers are able to deliver highly targeted and personalized marketing communications to their customers. The Company is experiencing explosive growth now that marketers recognize that the combination of online and offline data is critical to ensuring commercial success.
They are looking for a highly motivated and talented quick study to fill the role of Account Manager.
Purpose of the Role:
Account Managers will have a number of ‘key’ & ‘development’ level accounts into which you must position the Company as the UK’s leading business-to-business Marketing Services Provider (MSP) and in doing so, build long lasting relationships with senior individuals from your own client base who have ultimate responsibility for forming ‘on line’ and ‘off line’ marketing strategies.
Using the Company’s customer engagement methodology to constantly add value by helping your marketing clients uncover the detailed knowledge and insight they need to make better, faster and more profitable decisions about their own customers, prospects and target markets.
- Client retention levels
- Contract renewals
- Client upsell
The successful Candidate will have the ability to:
- Develop close relationships with as senior people as possible in each of your accounts
- Clearly understand the client’s strategic marketing objectives (on-line & off line), in terms of customer acquisition, retention and churn
- Analyse the above information to plan to bring new, innovative ideas to your clients
- Commit all potential opportunities to an account plan and the company CRM system, in order that a strategy forms for the delivery of monthly & quarterly objectives
- Build a wider contact base within your clients
- Accurately brief Account Executives & Production staff with clear timescales and outcomes
- Ensure your CRM records are always up-to-date and accurate
- Prepare and deliver monthly client reports to the VP Client Services
- To execute accurate & timely forecasting
- Work to Company Sales & Account Management Manual
- Deliver excellent sales presentation
- 2 – 3 years commercial experience, gained in a marketing agency or within a marketing department
- A good understanding of marketing databases, campaign management process, campaign response analysis, customer profile analysis, train of thought software (Alterian) and data cleaning processes
- Good experience in client / customer management
- ‘Off-line’ direct marketing experience beneficial
- ‘On-line’ marketing experience beneficial
- Understand customers business objectives & the issues they face
- Think ahead for customers, pre-empts their needs
- Spot and maximise opportunities
- Gain commitment from the client
- Agree & implement performance measures, in advance, for all work with the client
- Build new relationships with current clients at all levels and in different product groups / areas for: sales; IT; marketing; finance (incl. procurement) – director, manager and executive levels
- Effective verbal & written communication
- Deal with conflict (internal & external)
- Clear communication within the Account Team & business as a whole
Organisation & Planning:
- Account plans for all clients with strategies agreed and in place
- Multi-task & hit all deadlines
- Accurate record keeping & up-to-date CRM; reporting & feedback cycle
Influencing & Persuading:
- Get what is needed from all activities
- Ask powerful, relevant questions with customers
- Manage & control telephone calls & meetings
- Strong presentation skills
- Enthusiastic & motivated with a can-do attitude, positive, optimistic
- Self-development / constantly improving own skills
- Support other team members to hit their objectives
- Each member of the Account Team will be reviewed against these competencies and KPIs on a quarterly basis. This will form part of their Personal Development Plan and salary review
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Client Relations Executive, Sales Executive, Lead Generation Executive, Business Development Manager, Key Sales Executive, Business Development, Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Development, New Business Executive, Key Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive, Account Management and Technical Sales may also be considered for this role.