Sorry, this job has expired!
Accounts Payable Assistant / Accounts Assistant
£25000 - £27000 per annum
Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: London, Leyton, E10
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
Job Type: Full Time, Temp to Perm (Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.)
The Company is a leading distributor and wholesaler of quality World Foods. They offer over 8000 products from across the globe including Africa, the Caribbean, Asia and the Far East as well as offering their customers a range of everyday grocery lines.
They service all of the UK’s major supermarkets, independent retailers as well as foodservice and catering sector.
They are now offering a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding, professional Accounts Payable Assistant to join a growing World Food and Drink wholesale business in London, Leyton, E10.
Purpose of the Role:
To work in the accounts department as an Accounts Payable Assistant and to carry out a full range of duties as detailed below.
- To check emails on a daily basis, print invoices/statements and reply to the queries where necessary
- To receive, review and send for authorisation invoices within the set timeline in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- To chase for approval, batching and posting purchase invoices
- To allocate payments to the correct invoice, e.g dd or advance payment
- To prepare Nestle payment and send the dd amount to Acuqisto Ltd for dd
- To run weekly report for suppliers’ payment
- To select and print supplier statements
- To check the statements provided by suppliers and reconcile with sage account
- To enter, review and process expense claims
- To check and enter petty cash
- To prepare and process payments
- To maintain, organise and file financial records
- To liaise with other departments within the company, HMRC, sales and customers
- To assist in implementing and maintaining financial controls and procedures
- To assist with the preparation of audit files
- To reconcile top ten suppliers
- To find old remittances and send to suppliers if requested
- To update creditors
- To clear old balances when necessary by producing age creditor analysis report
- Other ad hoc finance and office administration tasks as required
The successful applicant will be a self-starter with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as excellent communication skills.
The person will need the ability to self-manager, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines.
A demonstrable working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and other MS office packages as well as knowledge of Sage 50.
This Role would suit candidates studying/working towards AAT or ACCA/equivalent experience.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Accounts Clerk, Book Keeper, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Finance Assistant may also be considered for this role.