Sorry, this job has expired!
Assistant Service Manager / Assistant Care Manager
£9.22 - £9.72 per hour
Job Title: Assistant Service Manager
Salary: £9.22 – £9.72 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company is a highly respected care provider for people with complex needs and learning disabilities. They’re offering you the opportunity to work as part of a team of professional people who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
Open to existing and experienced the Enabling Team members or external applicants who demonstrate their potential to deputise on behalf of Service Managers within specialised community based, safe ‘Person-Led’ enabling support services for people who are vulnerable with severe complex needs.
Ensuring that the assessed care, developmental and support needs are always fully implemented. Developing positive relationships with everyone involved and creating a homely, welcoming environment. Working proactively to help people gain more independence by acquiring daily living skills, achieving their forecasted outcomes and matching team members’ expertise to their needs.
- Deliver ‘person-led’ care and support service to a wide range of vulnerable people and with complex needs using their ways of working consistently implementing the agreed enablement care and support plans to each individual even when no one is looking
- Create positive relationship and opportunities, guaranteeing each person receives personalised enabling support, working in partnership with others
- Ensure the assessed needs of the people supported are met by developing their relationships, daily living skills and greater independence
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work from planned rotas, including sleeping-in support shifts as required and make adjustments when deputising for the Service Manager to rotas
- Provide, as a member of a team, 24-hour personal care and holistic enabling support
- Develop the daily living skills of the people they serve to gain greater personal independence
- Follow all support, policy, process and regulatory guidelines at all times
- Communicate effectively using the tools and reporting process appropriately
- Keep individuals free from any form of harm or abuse and protecting everyone’s safety
- Be self-disciplined in providing the agreed level of support at all times
- Attend and participate in; team meetings, required e-knowledge, local and central training putting learning into daily practice
- Be adaptable to meet the changing needs of the role
- Build relationships by working together, networking and integrating with the local community resources to engage the individual and their families
- Demonstrate proactive and positive engagement at all times, implementing their care and support enabling approach
- Consistently delivering each person’s support and risk management plans
- Achieving agreed ‘forecasted outcomes’ with each individual
- Ability to deputise on behalf of the Service Manager if they are absent or unavailable
- Basic management of the service is maintained at all times
- Safe, flexible, caring, guiding/ teaching and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer, good verbal, written, numerical and communication skills
- Basic regulatory knowledge across all disciplines relative and appropriate to the service
- Ability to communicate complex issues working as one team with all those involved
- Flexibility including shift working and sleeping in as required
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people with complex needs (preferred)
- Relevant training and qualifications within a social care setting (preferred)
- MAPA trained (preferred)
- Car driver with full clean driving license (preferred)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Care Support, Social Worker, Enabler, Care Helper, Care Management, Care Assist, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support, Care Assistant, Care Worker, Support Coordinator, Care Coordinator, Private Care Assistant, Private Care, Care Home Assistant, Care Home Worker, Support Care Worker, NVQ 2, Health & Social Care, CCA may also be considered for this role.