Sorry, this job has expired!
Associate – Paraplanning
Job Title: Associate – Paraplanning
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term – 9 Months
The Company is a major investment and savings business that blends a strong customer focused heritage with a modern technology-led outlook.
Uniting pensions consultancy, workplace savings and individual financial advice, they work with employers, trustees and private clients through their regional UK offices to design and manage solutions that meet their unique needs.
They’re looking for an experience Associate to join the Paraplanning team. You’ll be responsible for the provision of technical support to Planners, under the oversight of the Associate Director, Paraplanning, to enable them to provide their clients with outstanding service, including personalised financial planning advice, to help meet the client’s needs, ensuring they always have fair outcomes.
You will also be expected to:
- Proactively support the company’s Conduct Risk framework by following it
- Assist in achieving team targets through the efficient servicing of existing and new clients
- Identify opportunities to make introductions to other services within the company
- Help to identify potential improvements to business processes and communicate these to the Managing Principal
Knowledge & experience
- Experience gained within an IFA or equivalent environment focused on holistic financial planning for private clients encompassing pensions, investment and protection.
- Previous paraplanning experience.
- Proficient in constructing suitability reports.
- High standard of competency and knowledge of:
- Client reporting systems. Previous experience of Intelliflo would be preferable (or a comparable package).
- IT systems and software (Microsoft Word and Excel) including platform/provider websites/portals.
Training, education & qualification
- Good general education, including GCSE Mathematics and English grade B or above or equivalent qualification. Ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent qualification (or individuals deemed ‘qualified by experience’ would be considered).
- Financial Planning Diploma (or equivalent) or working towards Diploma for it to be achieved within a reasonable period (to be agreed between company and the employee).
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Strong customer service.
- Acts professionally with integrity and discretion.
- Confident communicator at all levels, with the ability to adapt approach depending on audience, and manage difficult discussions.
- Well-developed written communication skills, able to construct logical, clear, fair and concise communications appropriate to given audience.
- Have a broad understanding of current FCA regulations, including the Conduct requirements and how they apply to our clients and the company.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach.
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to apply appropriate time matrix allocation to tasks to achieve commercial objectives.
- Shows persistence when faced with challenges or obstacles.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems through to resolution.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, both written and numerical, is required in order to perform the duties of this role.
- Focus on commerciality and time/cost whilst undertaking all chargeable activity.
- Maintain technical knowledge and skills through the completion of continued professional development.
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company’s recruitment page.
Candidates with experience of: Paraplanner, Financial Planner, Para-planner, Financial Advisor, Finance Planner, Senior Financial Administrator, Financial Adviser, Experienced Paraplanner may also be considered for this role.