Audio Visual Installations Engineer / AV Installation Engineer
Up to £22500 per annum + commission (OTE £25,000)
Job Title: Assistant to Senior AV Installation Engineer
Location: Offord Cluny, Cambridgeshire (You will need your own transport)
Salary: £22,500 Dependent on Experience plus commission (OTE £25,000 per year)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audio Visual Engineer to join the company’s friendly team based in Offord Cluny, Cambridgeshire.
The company is a small business, established for 15 years, with a very friendly team. They are looking for a friendly and flexible person to join them to support their team of Engineers in installing AV solutions into client premises, which are mainly schools. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
You will need to be a team-player and be competent in the use of hand-held tools and working to company procedures regarding customer care and health and safety. You must be happy to follow instructions from a Senior Engineer and help with loading and unloading vans, ensuring the client’s site is left clean and tidy, and in working in their warehouse to clean and test used AV equipment.
They are looking for someone with good attention to detail, a willingness to help others and undertake training, and good communication skills with customers and colleagues. A presentable appearance is essential and company’s uniform will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting and taking direction from Senior Engineer in the team
- Assisting with the installation of touchscreens, projectors, cabling, trunking, and school hall solutions
- Use of hand-held drills and basic tools
- Cleaning and tidying up after installation completed
- Loading and unloading vans
- Cleaning, testing and packaging AV equipment for Sister Company
- Practical & used to working with tools
- Happy to take direction from others and follow company procedures
- Attention to detail
- Approachable manner
- Good communication skills
- Hygienic and presentable grooming when dealing with customers
- Full driving licence as may be required to drive vans to customers within a 2-hour radius of the warehouse
- Must agree to an enhanced DBS check
- Willing to undertake training on and off-site
- £22,500 per year, plus commission (OTE £25,000 per year)
- 33 days holiday per year, including bank holidays
- 40 hours per week, but flexible approach essential
Their office is located in a rural location. You will need your own transport.
There will be an interview at their office, which may include a short practical test using hand tools.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter highlighting your salary expectations for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Audio Visual Installation, AV Installer, Installation Technician, Installer, Technician, Events Installer, AV Installation Technician, Installation Engineer, Installation, Field Service Engineer, Field Engineering, Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, AV Tech, Audio Technician may also be considered for this role.