Sorry, this job has expired!
Bricklayer / Plasterer
Job Title: Bricklayer / Plasterer
Location: York, YO41 1QG
Job Type: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Garrowby Estate is a traditional agricultural estate extending to 13,250 acres, located 13 miles east of York.
- Two principal houses
- 40 let farms
- 750 acre in-hand farm
- Stud farm
- 1140 acres of forestry
- 140 let houses and cottages
- Various commercial properties including a village pub
Garrowby Estate and three other estates owned by the Halifax family are managed from the Estate Office in Bugthorpe.
The Building Department, which works alongside the Joinery Department and contractors, currently comprises a Head Builder, Building Foreman and two general builders.
A suitably experienced individual is required to join the department. The position offers a varied workload within an attractive working environment
Reporting to the Head Builder and operating from Garrowby Sawmill, the successful applicant will probably have NVQ or equivalent qualifications.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Experienced and highly skilled in bricklaying and plastering.
- Experience with a broad range of other building tasks including damp proofing, roofing, paving, groundworks and drainage.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required.
- A friendly character is essential with an ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Extra Info/ Benefits:
- The successful applicant will be entitled to join the pension scheme and the employer will contribute 6% of salary.
- Working hours are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday with a 15 minute break in the morning and a 30 minute break for lunch. Some overtime may be available during the summer months.
- Holiday entitlement is 29 working days including Public Holidays.
- The successful applicant will be expected to commence work as soon as possible.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Construction Coordinator, Assistant Project Coordinator, Site Supervisor, Multi Trader and Plasterer may also be considered for this role.