Sorry, this job has expired!
Business Analyst – Workflow Coordinator & Resource Management
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Title: Resource & Workflow Business Analyst
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Company provides administration services to many local government pension schemes. Managing these schemes requires a fair amount of work for instance when members retire, join & leave the scheme, or even just change their personal details (amongst many other things). As such the Company’s work is varied, technical, time critical and high volume; your role will be to manage this workflow and the available resources in the most efficient way possible. This is a relatively new business, and a brand new role, so the way they manage the workflow today is quite manual. However, they are looking for an individual who can help them move to a more sophisticated system in due course.
The successful candidate will play a key role in creating a forward-looking view of work due to be actioned and cross referencing this to available staffing levels & skill sets. It will be vitally important to fully understand the business priorities and SLAs to ensure an accurate short term forecast of output is produced weekly. This will include forecasting for usual customer administration tasks and any special project work on the horizon (for example when annual benefit statements need to be produced). You’ll help create visibility of the Operational Calendar of tasks/activities. You will also be expected to compare forecast figures to actual outputs and to liaise with local management to plan for any potential dip in service standards. This is a high-profile role within a growing and dynamic business. The candidate will help drive a focus on business output through effective planning.
- Utilise various internal systems to establish work volumes due over the next week and factor in any deadlines for various special projects (all with differing deadlines)
- Assess available resourcing levels to forecast & predict likely outputs
- Support local management to allocate work to individual staff members looking at the most efficient means of delivering the target with the available skill sets
- Prepare a weekly forecast report for senior managers
- Monitor performance against the forecast daily with the aim to clear all due work with no backlog carry over
- Re-prioritise as needed throughout the working day to ensure targets are achieved and delivered
- Work with local management to maximise outputs (i.e. moving work types & people around the operational teams as required)
- Prepare regular MI showing the forecast vs actual performance and explain differentials
- Look at ways to tidy up and streamline the internal work diary system to ensure duplicate and unnecessary tasks are deleted
- Constantly look at ways to deliver better service to members of the pension schemes & drive business efficiency
- Prepare trend data
- Help the business schedule training and development during quieter work periods
- Help the business to visualise performance better and create simple team by team dashboards
- Reduce email traffic by streamlining the process around workflow management & allocation of work
- Help the business understand any industry workflow or MI reporting tools which may be beneficial in the future
- Work on ad hoc workforce planning projects
- Mathematical with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Data analysis expertise and competence is essential
- Advanced excel skills including functions such as calculations, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, manipulating data and production of graphs
- Accuracy in managing data and associated information
- Experience of a similar role within an operational, task & service orientated business an advantage
- Have a flair for data and analysis and be relied upon to highlight short, medium & long-term resourcing budget and scheduling requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to fully understand the operating model, business SLAs and targets and to use these are the driving force behind all planning activity
- Experience working with workflow and diary management tools
- Able to create and produce data and MI in an easily understandable format
- Experience managing resources across a call centre and large multi-team processing teams would be an advantage.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- A recognised pension administration qualification and / or equivalent experience.
- Ideally educated to degree level
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximize their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; Business Analyst Resource Manager, Workflow Manager, Resource Coordinator, Operations Manager, Performance Manager, Workflow Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, Resource Analyst, Office Coordinator, Business Manager, Business Improvement Manager, Workforce Planner, Resource Planner, Resource Planning Analyst, Workforce Manager, Performance Manager, Performance Analyst, Workforce Analyst may also be considered for this position.