Job Title: Business Development Executive
Location: Coalville, LE67 1TX
Job type: Full time – 09:00-17:00 – Monday – Friday
Trading for over 22 years, OMS was founded by Clive Ormerod to build on his extensive experience and to provide consultancy and training services to the highest possible standards and with a culture that is recognised as highly ethical. With a clear focus on listening to their customers, OMS has grown through developing solutions that meet customer needs and aspirations.
Today, OMS has a core team at its head office and training centre in Leicestershire, as well as a number of other training venues throughout the Midlands and UK and a network of specialist associates, enabling it to provide a broad range of expertise to public and private sector organisations or all sizes.
- To bring in new business / sales for the organisation with set targets, with cold calling, emailing, social platforms, networking, etc.
- To manage existing OMS accounts and to operate as the lead point of contact.
- To keep the CRM system up to date with leads and tasks to follow up any outstanding sales.
- Ensure all own and sometimes other members of the Sales/ Training team’s leads are carried forward to completion, either won or lost.
- Liaise with Training team when booking in course/s for OMS customers.
- To be able to carry out tasks and work in a team member’s absence – Answer queries, draft quotations / proposals, speak to customers about their requirements / concerns they may have and be able to record this and feedback where appropriate.
- To attend and contribute to sales meetings, sharing ideas and experience, and sales planning activities for future periods.
- Increase sales revenue year on year in the training business, both on public and in-house courses, in line with your own set targets.
- Price up work and develop quotations/proposals.
- To attend client meetings (only when necessary).
- Working towards set targets to grow the training business, both from personal appraisals and monthly objectives that will be set.
- Submit monthly sales reports to the Head of Learning & Business Development and include details of new business won, sales pipeline and potential new opportunities.
- Trade fayres and other expos to promote OMS.
- Reconnect & chase existing customers in the system without leads to generate new business and start relationships
- Contact and own all of the ‘ring fenced’ clients for the sales cycle to be refreshed.
- Understanding the products (training, outlines, mentoring)
- Review previous leads and quotes that have been won & lost – chase sales Look at previous courses /
- Liaise with CRM system to extract the expiries report from dormant / current customers – Allocate / chase and take ownership.
- Marketing leads – Social platforms, campaigns etc to chase and own
- Marketing metrics remits
- OMS Directors
- Training Team
- External & Internal customers and prospective dormant customers
The above list is not exhaustive. The responsibilities and duties may vary from time to time without changing the character of the post. The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Delegate Sales, Inside Sales Representative, Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Business Development, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Specialist, Business Development Executive, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, New Business Manager, New Business Executive, External Sales, Sales Person, Sales Consultant, Business Development, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive may also be considered for this role.