Sorry, this job has expired!
Business Development Manager
£35000 - £43000 per annum
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £43,000 per annum based upon experience, plus commission and benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that they will live in tomorrow. The trade body for the tech sector, representing 800+ employers across the sector ranging from FTSE 100 companies too SME’s, who make up more than 60% of the membership.
This new alliance creates a number of opportunities to build on the complementary strengths and market position of these two organisations with a particular relevance in today’s market to support skills and improve employment pathways into the digital sector.
They are seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager with the credibility, expertise and energy to develop both new and existing markets to support the growth of the organisation through increased take up of accredited programmes.
You will need to have significant experience in skills delivery with specific knowledge of government funded learning or apprenticeships, from either an employer or provider perspective, including detailed knowledge of funding models and industry standards.
You should be a great relationship builder who is able to demonstrate a strong track record of creating and converting commercial proposals, achieving success both as part of a team and when working autonomously.
Their culture is one of collaboration, inclusivity and empowerment which is reflected in their core values:
Respect: For each other, their work and their stakeholders
Courage: When embracing change and transformation
Integrity: Honesty and genuine through their approach
Generosity: In sharing time and knowledge and celebrating great work
Pride: In their industry and how they represent it
To increase the take up of accredited programmes. You will need to identify prospective learning providers from across HE, FE and Private providers to create and convert compelling proposals to deliver enhanced outcomes through industry-led accreditation.
- Identify and convert new agreements with Higher Education Institutions, Further Education colleges and/or other Learning providers
- Develop new revenue generating products for the Company and/or their Skills programme
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to identify new opportunities
- Convert ideas to action through close collaboration with stakeholder groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Significant skills sector experience with knowledge of apprenticeships, including industry standards and funding models, how these operate and add value from an employer and/or provider perspective
- Ability to create winning proposals which meet multiple stakeholder requirements
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- A creative and commercially minded collaborator
- Experience of working with others to identify customer needs and to develop products and services that meet those needs
- A strong record of success in the area of education, skills and talent, particularly with relation to funded learning and/or apprenticeships
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in the tech sector a benefit but not essential
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications they receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
Candidates with experience of; Nationwide Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development, Senior Sales, Technical Sales, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Senior Business Development Manager, Sales Development, New Client Sales, B2B may also be considered for this role.