Business Development Manager / BDM
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: St Anne’s, Bristol
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is the UK’s leading specialist LED lighting manufacturer.
Their Bristol based team create innovative and award-winning LED products, used in some of the most exciting buildings, and high-profile entertainment venues around the world.
With an ambitious year ahead, they will continue to develop the well-established brand and will strategically grow, with the exciting launch of a new division into other markets.
What are they looking for?
They are seeking a dynamic and motivated self-starter for the role of Business Development Manager reporting directly to the Senior Business Development Manager and Head of Sales.
You will be able to deliver profitable sales growth through actively managing existing client relationships and driving new business sales in the construction market. There will be a key focus on a selection of targeted architectural lighting sectors; education, office and retail.
The role will focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with architects, specifiers, interior designers, consulting engineers and contractors and you will be responsible tracking the project all the way through to completion.
- Actively build and maintain relationships with existing customers to maximise the value of these relationships increasing quality and number of opportunities for future sales
New Business Development
- Identify and build new customer relationships in key areas and targeted markets, generating new business sales and leads
- Remain up to date with latest market developments and trends; ensuring the company’s competitive edge and value proposition remains aligned to trends and on the cutting edge of the market.
- A vital part of the role is also to remain completely aware of major construction projects within targeted sector and knowledge and insights on competitors
- The candidate must be the expert and primary contact for all live projects linked to your customer network, project managing the project from start to finish and to ensure any queries are dealt with and information is returned in good time.
- Previous experience in the lighting industry is essential upon application
- An understanding of the technical aspects of lighting, or lighting design would be advantageous; however, you will be supported at all times buy the lighting design, and technical teams
- An understanding of CRM systems is beneficial
- Travel across the UK in targeted areas will be required for the role
- Clean UK driving license
- Ability to work effectively from remote location
- Commitment to out of hours networking events
What they are offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Collaborative working culture
- Supportive, empowering working environment
- Diverse, Sociable team
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Business Development Executive, Key Account Manager, Client Support Manager, Sales Account Manager, Experienced Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Junior Sales Account Manager, Account Management, New Business Manager, New Business Executive, External Sales, Sales Person, Sales Consultant, Business Development Manager, Business Development, External Sales Executive, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Account Manager, External Sales Person, Customer Service, Customer Representative, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive will also be considered.