Sorry, this job has expired!
Business Development Manager / BDM – FMCG
£22000 - £30000 per annum
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 per annum + Commission (OTE £100k)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday to Thursday 09.00 am – 17.30 pm. Fridays are 09.00 am to 17.00 pm)
The company, based in Bradford, is a leading supplier of FMCG products to wholesalers and independent buying groups around the world. Established in 1998, they now have dedicated administration and production facilities in India and China to support their rapidly expanding and ambitious team.
Over the past year, the team has grown and are now looking for a self-motivated, tenacious, and confident Business Development Manager to oversee and drive sales forward by building the client base and maintaining meaningful relationships.
- Researching and identifying new business opportunities, including across new markets, growth areas, partnerships and other new ways of reaching new and existing markets
- Understand demand and be able to pitch their FMCG and LED to meet that demand
- Establishing and maintaining progressive customer relationships with key clients, from board level to operations
- Making contact and forming productive and profitable relationships with importers, distributors, large wholesalers, multiple retail chain operators and dealers across the globe
- Selling all products from the company’s stable of brands
- Supporting business development through cross-selling, up-selling, offers and campaign promotions targeting existing, new and lapsed clients
- Delivering across the entire sales journey from lead generation to close
- Managing and monitoring the progress of orders online from order receipt to export
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- You must have previous FMCG sales experience
- Qualified through experience or have an industry related qualification
- Extensive business development experience
- Must be able to identify current trends and build a successful pitch to drive sales for the relevant product
- Fantastic communication skills and be confident speaking to people at different seniority
- An understanding of how other organisations work, who makes buying decisions and how to build a successful sales pitch based on requirements
- Highly driven, tenacious, and who is a confident go-getter who won’t take no for answer
- Successful track record of winning new business and maintain key accounts
- Self-starting, wanting to be part of the growth of the division
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Business Development Executive, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, New Business Manager, New Business Executive, External Sales, Sales Person, Sales Consultant, Business Development, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive will also be considered.