Sorry, this job has expired!
Business Support Officer / Senior Administrator
Up to £23000 per annum
Job Title: Business Support Officer
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term – 2 years with potential to become permanent
Closing Date: 25th September 2020
The Trust is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. They want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future
This is an extremely exciting time to join the Trust and this brand new role will play a key part in supporting the Leadership Team through a time of growth and development. The post holder will be employed on a two year fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. They will be a highly efficient and adaptable senior administrator, ideally with PA/EA experience. They will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of administrative, business and support tasks relating to the effective operation of the Leadership Team. The post holder will work with minimal supervision and be expected to work flexibly.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the leadership team.
- Responsible for the organisation of meetings and events and production of reports, papers, minutes and meetings notes as required.
- Have delegated lead responsibility for certain corporate function processes including digital content and external communications.
- Support the development of systems and procedures where necessary to ensure efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness is delivered and maintained.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives to provide, information and administration support to designated Senior Manager/Project Leads.
- Produce, analyse and interpret reports using a variety of IT applications.
- Contribute to effective information management and assist with the dissemination and/or collation of information/returns for organisation in a timely manner.
- As required, participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects to provide information/analyst advice and support and to maintain data collection systems for effective use by the team.
- Provide support and information to aid effective management of budgets
- Undertake project support for short, medium and long-term activities, responding to information requests and other tasks which will involve meeting tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Experience of working in a fast paced customer focused environment
- Good basic education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in Business Administration
- Ability to provide efficient and effective administrative support
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with the ability to adapt as the role develops and evolves.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to extract, analyse and interpret relevant information from multiple sources, including qualitative and quantitative data.
- Problem solving skills including the ability to work innovatively develop plans and table solutions.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use Excel and other Microsoft programmes.
- Excellent word processing skills and able to compose correspondence on standard issues
- Excellent levels of literacy and numeracy
- A good sense of humour
- Shares the Trusts values
What they offer:
The Trust continues to reward staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Administrative Assistant, Administrator, Officer Administrator, Office Admin, Executive Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Support, General Admin, EA, Team Administrator, Business Support Assistant, PA, Personal Assistant, Admin Assistant will also be considered for this role