Job Title: Butcher (fully experienced or trainee apprentice butcher)
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent – 40 hour week working 5 out of the 7 operational days of the week with additional hours required occasionally). Weekend working is an essential feature of the role.
Who are they?
The Company is an award winning farm shop and café in Harrogate with all the profits going to the charitable work of the Society as a whole. For 10 years they’ve been celebrating and selling the very best of Yorkshire food and drink, with sales in excess of £3m per annum.
To help run an efficient, friendly and successful butchery counter. To prepare meat and help sell it, break down the carcase into cuts, sausages and burgers.
- Help run a successful Butchery department including:
- Setting up the counter
- Helping and serving customers
- Butchering from full carcase into smaller cuts and making sausages etc.
- Being committed to ensuring that the butchery counter is the best in the UK
- Assisting with stock rotation, cleaning and all areas of working safely.
- Butchery is changing and they need someone who is creative, innovative and understands the changing customer trends
- Help prepare all meat and meat products for their kitchen
- Work to ensure economical, quality and timely food preparation. Observe methods of preparation and storage to ensure meat is prepared in a prescribed manner
- Promotes lines to customers to limit waste and utilise seasonal products
- Provide excellent helpful and friendly customer service
- Ensure that they maintain high standards on all areas of the business and meet all legislative requirements including environmental health and food preparation
- This is a physically demanding role, so you must be fit and healthy
- Assist with the daily cleaning and planned maintenance of all butchery premises and equipment, to ensure the highest standards
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time
- A passion both for good food and for showcasing and selling amazing Yorkshire meat
- Excellent people skills and an enthusiastic team player
- Ability to effectively present meat and respond to questions from customers including advising them on cooking methods
- Good verbal communication skills
- Creative and honest
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work safely within a busy environment
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays
- 6% employer contribution to group pension scheme 3% employee contribution
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Butcher, Experienced Butcher, Trainee Butcher, Trimmer, Chef, Kitchen Assistant, Meat Processing, Butchery, Industrial Butcher, Meat Trimming Operative, Chef will also be considered for this role.