Sorry, this job has expired!
Buyer / Purchasing Administrator / Procurement Officer
Job Title: Buyer
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organisation founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who’s global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business.
Working closely with colleagues in Manufacturing, Stores, Dispatch & Quality the Buyer is responsible for ensuring continuity of parts / raw materials supplied to support manufacturing and where necessary design.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Free parking
- Ordering against EFACS (MRP) as and when required production parts
- Reviewing weekly EFACS exception reports, and making any timely interventions required
- Sourcing new, or appropriate, suppliers for particular business requirements
- Negotiating and establishing supply contracts
- Controlling Consignment / Kan Ban systems
- Supporting and attending all required meetings
- Specific Supply Chain projects as required
- Constantly improving the quality and reliability of supply
- Contributing to lower costs and efficient inventory turnover
- Reconciling invoice/Purchase Order queries
- Assisting with the 6 monthly stock check
- Minimum 5 GCSE Levels including Maths and English, Candidates with university degrees will also be considered
- Up to 3 months in a similar office environment
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to build relationships
- Be willing to travel as and when required
- First rate IT skills, MRP & Microsoft Office
- Computer literate
- Willingness to learn
- Commercial awareness with the focus on efficiency and cost control
- Team player, excellent communicator
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Buyer, Purchaser, Buying Advisor, Buying Assistant, Purchasing Advisor, Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchasing Consultant, Buying Consultant, Procurement Consultant, Assistant Procurement Officer, Assistant Buyer, Assistant Purchaser Supply Chain Administrator, Purchasing, Assistant Buyer, Supply Chain Graduate, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant will also be considered for this role.