Up to £24000 per annum
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Scarborough (Consideration will be given to home working)
Salary: Circa 24k year year.
Job type: Full Time – Permanent. A flexible approach to working hours is required.
The purpose of this role is to procure goods and services in accordance with the business requirements.
- Place orders and contracts at the right price and quality to meet the MRP production schedule.
- Check and Upload acknowledgements following order placement.
- Progress and reschedule orders to meet build demand.
- Expedite purchase orders. Run overdue order report and send to suppliers, progress information.
- Provide accurate delivery information to Production Control or other departments developing JIT practices.
- Update EFACS with prices/lead times/confirmed delivery dates.
- Support and drive cost reduction activity through negotiation, resourcing, supplier reduction and benchmarking.
- Review Supplier Performance – identification, evaluation and management of suppliers.
- Ensure Invoice queries are minimised but resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all business regulatory requirements.
- Working towards a CIPS qualification is desirable or existing Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing practices and policies and an understanding of commercial law.
- Excellent communicator both with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in close team environment.
- Good negotiator, persuasive and commercially astute.
- Ability to prepare and present numerical and narrative records.
- Experience in MRP Systems, MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Access Databases.
- Core Value: Customer Driven / Competency: Customer Focus –
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer confidence, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- Core Value: Integrity / Competency: Interpersonal Skills –
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for their actions, maintains confidentiality at all times, supports company values, conveys good news and bad, builds strong relationships, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Core Value: Passion for Excellence / Competency: Quality / Technical Skills –
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, maintains quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems, can demonstrate a wide range of skills.
- Core Value: Energy / Competency: Self-motivation –
Consistently energetic and does not easily get distracted, self-motivated and works well with minimum or no supervision, achieves a high work rate and always looks for opportunities to excel.
- Core Value: Innovative Problem Solving / Competency: Potential / Innovation –
Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively, capable of performing a valuable role within the Company.
- Core Value: Teamwork / Competency: Teamwork / Flexibility –
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, will do whatever is required to contribute towards and achieve goals.
- Core Value: Commitment / Competency: Attendance –
Demonstrates commitment to minimal absenteeism other than holidays, authorised absence and bereavement leave, will work additional hours or change work patterns to support Company objectives.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role including your desired salary if successful.
Candidates with experience of: Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchasing manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Purchasing, Supply Chain Coordinator, Procurement Executive, Supply Chain Manager, Purchaser, may also be considered for this role.