Care Home House Co-ordinator
Perth & Kinross
£23774 - £26872 per annum
Job Title: Care Home House Co-ordinator
Location: Dunkeld, Perthshire
Job type: Permanent – Full Time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corbenic Community as a Care Home Co-ordinator. We are looking for an individual to be responsible for the wellbeing and development of residents, the day to day running of the household, co-ordinating the house team and to take an active interest in issues regarding the whole community.
Over the years Dunkeld it has developed into a community of approximately 120 people, 42 of whom are adults in need of special care. Set in 100 acres of land, Corbenic is made up of seven households and a variety of workshops. As an independent charity, we are part of the worldwide Camphill family and are dedicated to providing a holistic residential environment that meets the social, physical, emotional and economic needs of residents.
- To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all living and working in the household.
- To support and supervise the voluntary co-workers and employed staff in the household.
- To co-ordinate the daily living arrangements in the household and to ensure that all aspects of the care provided in the household comply with SSSC codes of practice and standards agreed by the Community in accordance with best professional residential care practice.
- To be responsible for the management of the finances of the household and, as appropriate, to assist residents in the handling of their money.
- To liaise with workshop leaders to ensure that Residents’ needs are met within their work environment.
- To identify and ensure that the training needs of voluntary co-workers and employed staff in the house are met.
- To uphold and contribute to the social/therapeutic impulse, as part of the Camphill philosophy. To be present and actively participate in the annual festivals.
- Co-ordination and implementation of driving duties required for the household. Car driving is an essential part of this role covering tasks such as taking residents to healthcare and various other appointments, shopping with residents, attending reviews etc.
- Hold SVQ Level 3/4 in Social Services and Health Care or willingness to work towards this qualification
- Driving license (manual)
- SSSC Registration and PVG membership
- Knowledge of the factors involved in providing services for adults with learning disabilities.
- Knowledge of management practices as they apply to residential care settings.
- Knowledge of SSSC and Care Inspection requirements
- Experience of working with individuals with disabilities.
- Experience co-ordinating teams and supervising others.
- Experience of report writing and record keeping.
- Good IT skills and competency using outlook, Word and other basic software.
- Ability and desire to work to a consistently high standard, providing the best residential care in accordance with Corbenic policies and procedures, and national care standards.
- Ability to motivate others, delegate tasks and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to effectively manage the demands of a busy household using excellent organisational and time keeping skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with Residents, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interest in Anthroposophy
- Knowledge of Camphill’s ethos and annual festivals
- Previous experience working within a residential care setting with adults with learning disabilities.
- Experience in writing reports, care plans, risk assessments and attending reviews.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; residential care home; disabled adults; social care; care home worker; home care worker; care support worker; care at home support worker; disability worker; may also be considered for this role.