Sorry, this job has expired!
Care Home Manager
Up to £35000 per annum
Job Title: Home Manager
Location: Hackney, North London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent.
Bayis Sheli is a professional, warm and friendly children’s home and short breaks residential service for Jewish children whom have complex needs, physical disabilities, and/ or learning disabilities or difficulties, situated in beautiful brand new purpose built premises.
- To contribute to the management of a residential home based in Hackney, to meet the highest quality standards of Bayis Sheli and the requirements of the relevant local authority’s Residential Homes Inspection Unit, ensuring that the resident’s needs are met.
- To give strong, clear and informed leadership to staff, enabling them to support and empower residents to develop skills that ensure they experience the highest possible quality of life.
- To take responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of the home, ensuring that all systems, policies and procedures of Bayis Sheli are adhered to.
- QCF / NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care or above
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Satisfactory DBS and check against the DBS barred list
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programme
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
- To create and maintain good relationships with residents to ensure that they are fully involved in all decision making processes that affect their lives.
- To take a lead role in the assessment and review of all aspects of residents’ lives through the Individual Planning Process. This will include risk management.
- To take a lead role in the identification of residents’ needs and in formulating strategies to meet those needs in areas including recreation, leisure, home, medical, cultural and dietary.
- To take a lead role in empowering residents to enable them to achieve self advocacy and independence through the development of their learning potential.
- To promote non-aggressive and non-abusive behaviour and manage challenging behaviour within policy guidelines.
- To play a lead role in ensuring that all religious and cultural needs of residents, including dietary requirements, are met.
- To provide leadership and role modelling to ensure the highest level of good practice and appropriate service delivery through the staff team.
- Endeavour to fill any Staff vacancy by advertising in the job centre or by contacting the H.R. Department at Head Office. Interview and select suitable personnel (The positions are to be offered within the normal terms of employment in operation at the Care Home at the time).
- Manage personnel records to adhere to company policy and requirements under the Care Standards Act 2000. Manage same records adhering to the General Data Protection Regulations. To provide support and supervision to day and night staff, maintaining records at an appropriate level.
- To contribute to and where necessary take responsibility for the creation and maintenance of a secure and safe living and working environment within the home and through good risk management, enable residents to take measured risks both within and outside the home environment.
- To contribute to the development of new policies and practices within the home and to maintain systems for evaluating the effectiveness of any changes.
- To take responsibility for aspects of budget management and the management of residents’ finances, taking into account DSS guidelines where necessary.
- To take responsibility for stock control and the ordering of supplies.
- To contribute to and oversee where necessary all relevant group, shift and handover meetings, discussions and the dissemination of information to ensure the continuity and quality of service provision.
- To undertake on-call duties.
- To ensure that good relationships with residents’ families and advocates are developed and maintained and that they are consulted and supported through any changes and/or developments that may affect the lives of residents.
- To support residents in developing positive relationships with relatives, other residents, professionals and staff.
- Participate in Staff and Service User meetings as required
- Maintain effective communications with regional manager
- Onsite parking
- Finance education advancement (NVQ3 to NVQ4 etc.)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Team Leader, Support Manager, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Support Team Leader, Care Coordinator, Support Assistant, Care Manager, Support Coordinator, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Care Supervisor, Autism Support, Support Supervisor may also be considered for this role.