Sorry, this job has expired!
Care Team Leader / Senior Support Worker / Care Team Supervisor
Up to £21540 per annum
Job Title: Care Team Leader (Driving Essential)
Salary: £21,540 per annum
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week), Permanent
The Company is an award-winning specialist care provider, to adults with learning disabilities, autism, and challenging behaviour. They are always striving to push back the boundaries of possibility in the lives of people they support. Their staff teams are at the very heart of their identity.
To contribute to the management of the home in accordance with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the policies and procedures of the company. To lead a team of staff to ensure that high standards of care practice are maintained and act as a role model to the team.
Based on the nature of the role the ability to drive is essential.
Management of the home
- To participate in designing, developing and maintaining a secure, warm and dignified home life.
- To take responsibility for the operational management of the home
- To ensure all notifiable incidents occurring during the shift are managed, recorded and reported.
- To ensure that the home offers a safe working and living environment, and complies with health & safety policies at all times.
- To be ‘on call’ for the home in accordance with the on call rota in the home.
- To ensure that all in-house financial transactions are conducted and recorded according to procedures.
- To ensure that the day-to-day housekeeping and shopping tasks are carried out thereby ensuring the smooth running of the home.
- To ensure the correct use of business vehicles.
- To assist with and supervise the management & maintenance of cleanliness, repairs and decor of the home.
- To assist the manager and / or deputy manager in ensuring that codes of personal and professional conduct are maintained.
- To contribute to and support the NVQ programme.
- To assist the manager with the selection of suitable staff within the team, bearing in mind the skill mix required in each setting.
- To ensure effective deployment of staffing resources by planning and participating in the care rota to ensure 24-hour needs-led care for service users.
- To be in charge of the home in the absence of the manager.
Management of care
- To demonstrate a high standard of care practice to the team and ensure that these standards are attained & maintained by all team members.
- To ensure the health, welfare and rights of service users are maintained at an appropriate level.
- To ensure that up-to-date records are maintained and to provide written reports
- To ensure that all health aspects are responded to through involvement with all relevant agencies.
- To co-ordinate the assessment of individual service users as required, establishing specific care plans and action plans;
- To ensure that care plans are reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with staff and friends/relatives.
- To co-ordinate as appropriate service users review meetings and liaise with families and other statutory/voluntary agencies.
- To ensure that ordering, storage and administration of medication is carried out in line with procedure
- To escort residents on outings and holidays if required. To encourage and oversee their involvement with and integration into the local community.
- To contribute to the process of risk management for service users activities, balancing safety with choice and self-determination
- To assist in advising service users on the safe keeping of their money and valuables within the company guidelines and to keep required records.
- To take part in the on call system in the home and be able to work on a day or night duty if required.
- To support zero tolerance of any form of abuse of services users & staff in the home.
Support and Development of staff
- To provide induction, supervision and mentoring of staff as specified by the manager.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and development needs of staff.
- To contribute to and co-ordinate regular meetings within the home as required.
- To participate actively in regular supervision sessions by reflecting on personal practice and reviewing performance.
- To take responsibility for identifying personal training and development needs and to bring these to the attention of the manager.
- To take responsibility for keeping up-to-date with good practice in social care as it develops and national minimum standards.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Care Team Leader, Deputy Care Manager, Care Supervisor, Care Management, Healthcare Manager, Care Support Manager, Care Support Supervisor, Care Team Leader, Care & Support Leader, Care & Support Coordinator, Healthcare Team Leader, Senior Support Worker, Deputy Home Leader, Deputy Home Manager, Shift Leading, Senior Care Assistant may also be considered for this role.