Sorry, this job has expired!
Certificated Enforcement Agent / Debt Recovery Assistant
£22459 - £28059 per annum + performance related pay
Job Title: Enforcement Agent
Salary: £22,459 – £28,059 per annum (award pending) + performance related pay
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 2nd August 2020
The Council is seeking a self-motivated and flexible candidate to join their busy Enforcement Team, based at their Thetford office, however you may be required to work at other sites within the partnership. This includes Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire areas.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for negotiating the recovery of debts, agreeing payment plans or removing goods in order to recover the monies owed to Local Authorities.
The successful applicant should preferably have a current Enforcement Agent Certificate, experience of debt collection and an understanding of Enforcement regulations, although training would be provided to the right candidate. Your role includes visiting debtors to collect payments in full or negotiate suitable payment arrangements. You may also need to remove goods in order to recover monies owed to local authorities. You will need to have a full driving licence and confident at working on your own with the public.
- Visiting debtors at home, introducing yourself and giving an explanation of the purpose of your visit
- Offering money management advice, negotiating instalments debtors can afford to pay and arranging payments within guidelines or following procedures if arrangement outside their guidelines
- Collecting and accounting accurately for money collected in settlement of debts
- Removing some of the debtor’s possessions to be sold in payment of a debt where payment or an arrangement is not made. Arranging for seized goods to be safely stored and insured before being sold
- Reporting and updating case records, in detail, for all debt recovery activity
- Familiarising yourself with statutory, local policies and procedures and ensuring compliance at all times, including Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date with enforcement legislation and attending courses and seminars relevant to your profession and personal safety
- Attending partner authorities when requested as well as attendance at Breckland House, Thetford on a regular basis for team meeting and training purposes
- Carrying out visits outside normal office hours to include evenings and weekends
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above as directed by senior management
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- IT literate and numeracy skills
- Ability to understand and work to relevant areas of legislation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Liaison with other departments and other Government Agencies
- Ability to work from home where necessary
- Able to travel to the Thetford Office and able to work from home as e-training will be offered where appropriate
- Will require weekend and evening work
What they offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary
- Performance related pay in addition to salary
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
During this current recruitment period, the group have a flexible approach to recruitment including telephone and video interviewing, online induction and blended training and therefore candidates need to be able to work in the office and from home.
Personal data from the application process will be shared with the group and host/employing authority.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with experience of: Debt Recovery Coordinator, Debt Recovery Specialist, Debt Advisor, Collections Advisor, Debt Recovery, Negotiations Officer, Negotiations Advisor, Debtor Management, Collections Officer, Customer Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Debt Collections, Recovery Advisor, Collections Negotiator, Collections Agent will also be considered for this role.