Sorry, this job has expired!
CNC Production Supervisor / Manufacturing Team Leader
Job Title: CNC Production Supervisor
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This position is key part of the smooth running of the CNC manufacturing operation. The primary responsibility will be the supervision of the production staff, including allocating work, problem resolution (technical and non-technical), adherence to standards and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
You will be supported by an experienced and talent team of machining experts, technical support, quality inspectors, quality engineering, production materials control and IT systems experts.
- Overall daily management of approximately 20 machinist staff, ranging from skilled setters/operators to general machinists. These include a core team of around 5 leading hands who are technical experts in their areas
- Ensure the efficient running of machines and work load of operators to maximise the production output
- Ensuring all staff scan on and off of jobs correctly
- Dealing with technical issues, either directly or with the support of manufacturing engineers, quality personnel, maintenance staff or subject matter experts
- Highlighting areas for improvement, in processes or organisation
- Supporting the allocation of work to individuals according to the schedule and monitoring their progress
- Assessing the training requirements of staff and encouraging progress through mentoring or specific training
- Help lead continuous improvement initiatives such as 5S or Lean manufacturing
- Using the MRP system to check the status of jobs and input updates if required
- Awareness of any quality issues and working with QA to resolve these including supporting root cause analysis
- Pro-actively managing bottlenecks in the system
- Close communication with the Production Director, Head of QA, Production Manager and Planners on the status of work orders and changing priorities
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
Previous shop floor supervision experience in a multi-skilled manufacturing company is essential, ideally involving CNC machining. You will have a technical background with direct experience of operating various production equipment during your career. You will have man management experience and good people skills to encourage the best out of staff including the ability to control and discipline if required. You will have at least moderate IT skills, although training will be provided as required. There is opportunity for progressing into a more senior role in time for the right candidate.
Skills and Experience:
- Production supervision of a range of multi-disciplinary staff in a manufacturing environment
- Direct experience operating machines at some point in your career
- Man management skills
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Qualification in a technical subject
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some experience with MRP systems
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
- CNC Machining (mills or lathes)
- High precision machining environment
- Working with Plastics
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Production Manager, Production Planning Manager, Planning Manager, Production Controller, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor, QA Manager, Production Manufacturing, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Team Leader, Machine Centre Operator, Experienced CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, Experienced CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Trainee Machining Centre Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.