Sorry, this job has expired!
Commercial Finance Analyst
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Title: Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum (FTE)
Job type: Permanent, Part time (25 hours per week)
Reporting to: Finance Director
They’re a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
They’re currently looking for a Finance Analyst who will be working collaboratively across the business and acting as a business partner to continuously challenge and improve the quality and accuracy of financial and management information, proactively streamlining and improving processes along the way.
Responsibilities will include ongoing development of MI, KPIs and preparing monthly reports and insightful analysis based on this for the wider business.
Commercial analysis & support
- Design, continuously improve and deliver insightful MI and other KPIs which support business growth
- Develop a reporting suite of daily, weekly and monthly information to facilitate real time decision making across the business whilst ensuring there is ‘one version of the truth’
- Build a central repository using PowerBI as a data visualisation tool
- Close data gaps in key areas by working across the business to improve processes and data collection
- Engage with department heads to develop their data requirements and provide analysis on an ad hoc basis
Financial modelling & support
- Creating and maintaining financial models including reforecasts and budgets
- Supporting the annual budget cycle
- Producing commentary to the financial accounts, analysing variances and highlighting areas for improvement
- Providing month end support to wider finance team
A strong understanding of how a finance function works in an SME environment, along with excellent analytical skills and data modelling experience and a track record of delivering high quality, insightful MI.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills (inc. VBA, Macros, Formulas etc.)
- Understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI or similar
- Proficient use of other MS office software
- Ability to articulate, draw conclusions and make recommendations from large data sets
- Keen commercial awareness
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Private Health Insurance
- Income protection and critical illness
- Life Assurance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Management Accountant, AAT, Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, Senior Accountant, Finance Accountant, Group Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Financial Controller may also be considered for this role.