Commercial Implementation Manager – Council
£50107 - £54962 per annum
Job Title: Commercial Implementation Manager
Salary: £50,107 – £54,962 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed -Term, 2 years
Closing Date: 11 August 2021
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise to make a real difference? As our new Commercial Implementation Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and delivering new income generating opportunities and a commercial culture.
- To be the council’s responsible Officer for delivering a commercial strategy and work programme by exploring, developing and implementing new commercial ventures and investment opportunities to support the council’s Proud programme, corporate and financial objectives.
- To manage multiple commercial projects and operations on behalf of the council within agreed tolerances and ensure appropriate systems are in place to protect the council.
- To develop and coordinate a cultural change programme with an aim to improve the way that the council approaches commercial activities across all areas of council.
- Forward planning of major projects within a 5 to 10 year timescale, and ongoing management of additional services
- Exploring, developing and implementing commercial ventures and investment opportunities.
- Engage with external organisations, networks and forums to ensure the council is up to date with the latest trends within the public sector commercialisation agenda.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities, inspire ideas and provide advice and guidance to develop current and future service activity.
- Responsible for reviewing the Council’s income and commercial policy and developing a delivery strategy.
- Responsible for commissioning reviews, which explore the range of delivery models for all services. Work with service managers, ensure that the costs and benefits of alternative delivery models are fully understood and take a lead role in project managing implementation.
- Continually manage and oversee the delivery of the income generation and commercial programme, using stakeholder, risk, financial and programme management to track progress against key milestones and take action accordingly. Manage escalating project issues, and report via regular update to senior managers and Members.
- Lead the project management of major commercial projects to ensure mechanisms are in place to manage risks and issues so that the business case is delivered.
- To be responsible for the development and delivery of a communications, events and training programmes to ensure managers have a thorough understanding of the organisation’s commercial strategy and the skills to deliver against the Council’s objectives.
- Responsible for identifying and leading on the implementation of opportunities that may be realised by setting up local authority trading companies (LATCos).
- Ensure all projects are kept within specified tolerance for times, quality and cost in line with the Council’s project management methodology
- To be accountable for exploring and developing new opportunities and partnerships that maximise surplus income and efficiency opportunities. Managing Self
- Demonstrate commercial behaviours and skills within the organisation, building a positive reputation for the Council’s Commercial Strategy with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities comply with the General Powers of Competence contained in section 1 of the Localism Act 2011.
- Strong Commercial development skills and experience
- Matrix management – experience of successfully managing the delivery of projects outside of own line management control
- Extensive experience in conducting commercial negotiations at senior management level with delivery partners and customers
- Extensive experience of transformation and cultural change
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of commercialisation and culture change in a large organisation
- Knowledge and experience of the wide range of commissioning and service delivery models
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant discipline (E.g. business and Management or similar) preferably with appropriate postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in one or more of these relevant areas)
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Government Project Management, Council Project Coordinator, Digital Project Manager, Government Programme Manager, Digital Programme Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Controller may also be considered for this role.