Sorry, this job has expired!
Commodity Buyer / Purchasing Administrator /Procurement Officer
Job Title: Commodity Buyer
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6WR
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Temp (12 Month Contract)
The role of the Commodity Buyer is to Manage and control the Procurement of designated Materials / Commodities required to meet the needs of the business. Ensure that goods and services are purchased at Best Value – Quality Product / Delivered on Time at the most advantageous price.
Procurement of CAT
- From the ‘Minimum Stock’ report actively place PO’s for designated parts as required to meet the needs of the business
- Verify review levels based on Usage, MOQ, UOM, and Sales Forecast. Ensure specifications are clear, concise and maintained accurately on the company system
- Actively place business with Preferred Vendors. Check Acknowledgements and update the system accordingly. Progress open orders as to ensure that delivery dates are met
Procurement of Non CAT
- Place ‘Back to Back’ Purchase Orders on receipt of Sales Order or via the company requisition system
- Ensure specifications are clear, concise, mirror the customer requirement and are maintained accurately on the company system
- Check Acknowledgements and update the system accordingly. Progress open orders as to ensure that delivery dates are met
Develop an Assured Supply Base
- Foster good relationships with Vendors. Understand the capability for vendor accounts assigned. Determine the most reliable and cost effective sources of supply for inclusion on the preferred vendor list
- Maintain a regular dialogue with key vendors and actively take part in meetings (occasional visits)
- Provide essential feedback in terms of performance
- Seek new / alternative sources of supply and follow the vendor approval process for their introduction
- Identify long lead time vendors / parts and sole source
Ensure prices paid are within agreed budgeted targets / standard costs
- Keep abreast of market trends for materials
- Benchmark existing vendors in a bid to maximise their purchasing potential
- Undertake cost down projects as directed by Procurement Manager and/or the company management team
Provide essential support to Estimator
- Understand the estimating process. Lend support to estimators to establish the cost of acquisition and assist where necessary to ensure QE’s are completed in a timely manner
- Excellent telephone and listening skills
- Ability to influence decision makers and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to manage commercial negotiations
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent organising, communication and problem solving skills
- Must be a team player
- Previous experience working in a dynamic Purchasing Team
- Systems experience using CACHE and/or similar platform MRP/SAP etc.
- A technical knowledge gained from a similar engineering / material supply business
- CIPS qualified would be an advantage
- Educated to A level standard
- Excellent numerical, reporting and reasoning skills
Note: This is a maternity cover position for 12 months, however, for the right candidate, there may be the possibility of a permeant position.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Buyer, Purchaser, Buying Advisor, Buying Assistant, Purchasing Advisor, Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchasing Consultant, Buying Consultant, Procurement Consultant, Assistant Procurement Officer, Assistant Buyer, Assistant Purchaser Supply Chain Administrator, Purchasing, Assistant Buyer, Supply Chain Graduate, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant may also be considered for this role.