Company Director / Managing Director
Job Title: Company Director
Location: Thames Valley
Salary: Variable, dependant on projects
Job type: Permanent, Part time – Flexible Hours
The Company is a UK and European sole distributor for an American electronics manufacturer and have been promoting their products in to the building services industry for over 20 years. The product range is niche and the route to market is via specification into major projects, therefore account management is important alongside education of specifiers via CPD’s. An eye for detail and numeracy are essential for quoting projects, import/export procedures and for the related paperwork.
The current owner is looking for a good all-rounder with the skills and attributes stated in this advert. There will be training/shadowing in the short term, moving to the new incumbent stepping forward into the role working alongside the owner, with a longer term view to running the company as the current owner steps back.
This is not a full time role, workload is around two days a week maximum, hours are largely to suit, however there is the need to be contactable at all times.
- Traveling approx. a 100 mile radius to deliver technical presentations on the product and its applications in commercial and industrial projects
- Relationship building
- Quotations and order processing
- Managing the importation and shipment to site of products
- Providing warranty and project support across the UK and EU
- Building services experience
- Engineering/technical background
- Marketing experience
- General business acumen
- Strong presentation skills
- Account management experience
Flexible working with the opportunity to eventually own the business
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Operations Director, CEO, Business Director, Engineer, Business Management, MD, Company Owner, Building Services Director, Head of Operations, Entrepreneur, Engineering Manager, Senior Manager may also be considered for this role.