Sorry, this job has expired!
Compliance Officer – Enforcement
£18389 - £23585 per annum
Job Title: Compliance Officer (Enforcement)
Salary: £18,389 – £23,585 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, 12 months contract (37 hours per week)
The Council is seeking a self-motivated and flexible candidate to join their busy Enforcement Team, based at their Thetford office, however you may be required to work at other sites within the partnership. This includes Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire areas.
Purpose of the Role:
To undertake a full range of recovery duties to ensure that all income due in respect of recovery of debt and other charges are promptly and efficiently collected in a helpful and courteous manner.
They are seeking a self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic candidate to join their hard-working Enforcement Team. Your role would be to pro-actively contact Council Tax or Business Rates debtors to negotiate arrangement for payment, update the case management system and deal with customer enquiries received by telephone or other means of communication.
- To proactively contact debtors to negotiate payment of arrears and costs using the schemes as agreed with each Authority
- To provide assistance to the public in writing, by telephone or in person providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times
- To update the case management system as cases progress and note actions taken
- To be proactive in performing outbound call collection tasks and face to face meetings with debtors
- To ensure that uncollectable debts are returned to the Authority for further action without unnecessary delay
- To provide excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partner organisations, C/TAX, Recovery and NDR departments and senior managers
- To liaise where necessary with Certificated Enforcement Agents (previously known as bailiffs)
- To consider further methods of Recovery (Charging Order, Insolvency & Committal) and take appropriate action as necessary
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation for Council Tax, NNDR, Sundry debts and Enforcement legislation
- To maintain confidentiality when handling customer enquiries and other information in line with Council requirements, the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of information Act
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as assigned by the Enforcement Manager or Revenues Manager commensurate with the grade
The Successful Candidate Will Have / Be:
- Recent experience of working in a busy office environment or have relevant qualifications in this field
- Good general education – 2 GCSE grades, A-C or relevant Revenues experience
- Demonstrate good numerical and writing skills
- Knowledge of computer packages, including the Microsoft Suite and have the sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers effectively
- Works accurately whilst understanding the importance of meeting strict deadlines
- Must be able to work to personal and team targets
- Organisational and good time management skills
- Able to deal with customer enquiries in an appropriate, diplomatic and professional manner
- Able to remain calm during stressful/violent circumstances
- Commitment to a learning culture
- Able to give examples of flexible and positive response to change
- Able to respond to varying levels of understanding from customers
What they offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and they expect all employees to share this commitment. All employees must familiarise themselves with the Safeguarding Children and Young People and Guidelines for Working with Children and Young People policy.
Health Safety & Environment:
Managers are responsible for the health and safety of their staff and their actions that may affect others; this is clearly set out in the Health and Safety Policy. It is the duty of all employees, while at work, to take reasonable care of their health and safety, and of other persons who may be affected by their activities; this includes colleagues, contractors and members of the public.
All employees must familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Internal Auditor, Auditor, Accountancy Auditor, Senior Accountancy Auditor, Audit Senior Finance Consultant, Internal Audit, ACCA, AIA, ACA, CCAB, AAT Qualified, IT Auditor, IT System Auditor, Corporate Auditor, Company Auditor, Fraud Auditor, Compliance Auditor, Compliance, Operations Auditor may also be considered for this role.