Sorry, this job has expired!
Construction Buyer / Procurement Specialist – Construction
£30000 - £50000 per annum + bonus
Title: Buyer (Construction)
Location: Brentford, London
Salary: £30,000- £50,000 plus bonus (dependent on experience)
Purpose of the role:
To purchase for various construction projects, including all building materials, plant, site sundry items, signage, PPE etc. as well as various ad-hoc purchases for client’s extras, head office, customer care and sales.
- Liaise with site managers regarding requirements for materials,
- Send enquiries to suppliers for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations,
- Negotiating the most competitive prices for materials,
- Place purchase orders and agree terms for individual sites,
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates,
- Ensure quality and performance of ordered materials are in line with required standards,
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent,
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations,
- Obtaining quotes to assist with tendering/pricing projects,
- Sourcing alternative products to those specified on a project,
- Liaising with suppliers to maintain a high level of service and to meet agreed lead times,
- Sourcing materials not commonly used on projects,
- Liaising with internal and external accounts departments regarding invoices.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Achievement of cost reduction
- Discussion with subcontractors / suppliers to ensure quotes/deliveries are made on time
- Monitor and measure issues which impact on performance
You’ll need to have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role and will be expected to have strong current knowledge of prices within construction along with a strong reputation.
This role is suited to a driven individual with a motivation to learn and develop.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Purchasing Manager, Procurement Officer, Buyer, Purchaser, Buying Advisor, Purchasing Advisor, Procurement Advisor, Purchasing Consultant, Buying Consultant, Procurement Consultant, Project Buyer may also be considered for this role.