Control System Engineer
£28357 - £37040 per annum
Job Title: Control System Engineer
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Salary: £28,357 to £37,040 dependent on experience
Closing date: 10th March, 2019
Engineering on an epic scale. The company face some of the most complex engineering challenges that exist in the nuclear industry. So could you. Their Plant Engineering directorate are looking for highly skilled Control System Engineers to join them as they provide engineering and maintenance capability to the Sellafield site.
You will work closely with outstanding – often world leading experts – on the delivery of the Sellafield mission. If you would like to be involved in work that transforms the Sellafield site leaving a safe, secure, environmentally sound space for future generations then please read on…
Role and Responsibilities:
Objective Control System Engineers provide support throughout the full lifecycle of the plant automation systems including requirements specification, design, implementation, installation, commissioning, maintenance, modification and decommissioning.
Control System Engineers deliver maintenance activities, breakdown recovery and modifications to a diverse range of new and legacy control systems equipment including safety significant systems, technically complex systems and to large numbers of systems.
- Provides control systems expertise to projects to ensure that delivered control systems equipment can be maintained to meet plant throughput and availability needs.
- Modify, maintain and review the configuration of the defined system/area(s) to enable optimal system performance.
- Diagnose and resolve significant/unusual system problems on technically challenging systems without supervision to maintain plant operational availability.
- Identify and implement design solutions to improve the performance of the system.
- Provide advice and guidance to operational teams on regarding non-standard operations of the plant.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors to define work, complete activities and ensure that all technical issues are resolved.
Candidate and Requirements:
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified in electrical/electronic/software related subject with relevant experience.
- Professionally registered at either IEng or CEng level through the Engineering Council or ability to achieve professional registration
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Programmable Logic Controllers – e.g. Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens and Schneider Quantum.
- SCADA – e.g. FactoryTalk, Intouch, System Platform, PanelView
- Plus Distributed Control Systems – e.g. ABB 800XA, Yokogawa Centum VP and Rockwell PlantPAx. MOD300/Emerson
- Industrial networks – e.g. CISCO, Hirschman
- SQL Database – e.g. Oracle 11g and earlier, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and earlier
- Operating Systems – e.g. Microsoft Windows
- Experience of working in a safety related environment to standards such as IEC61508.
Please refer to the Rewards & Benefits page, within the ‘Work with us’ section of their website for further details on our competitive package.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, they reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
In promoting equal opportunities, the company welcomes applications from all sections of the community. They select people according to their abilities and their needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, they guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Control Systems Engineer, Multi-Skilled Systems Engineer, Test Engineer, Systems Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Test Engineer, Systems Architect, Engineer, Systems Tester, Systems Engineer will also be considered for this role.