Sorry, this job has expired!
Corporate Security Manager
Up to £34000 per annum
Job Title: Corporate Security Manager
Salary: £34,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The customer is one of the leading Pharmaceutical companies in the UK and a pioneer in their field. To support both our Security Team and Customer, the Company is looking to appoint an experienced and professional security expert who can effectively manage and develop a team of Security Officers as well as acting as the key point of contact for our customer. You will be directly responsible for the management of nine full time Security Officers and will manage an effective roster that provides the correct levels of cover are always in place.
The role requires excellent people skills, the ability to advise on high level security matters, engage with stakeholders and external agencies and create effective security policies and procedures. Previous experience is required and therefore the role would suit someone already working within a corporate security environment or a senior role in the Police Force. The Manager will oversee and support the Security team performance in all aspects of their role and will be responsible for ensuring monthly inspections are completed for all members of the team. Recruitment will also be required from time to time as the team grows or as replacements are required.
Although the role will mainly consist of working Monday to Friday day shifts your security team will be providing security cover 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and as their Manager you will be expected to support the team and therefore it is essential that candidates are flexible in terms of working hours and understand the need to be available to provide advice outside of normal working hours.
The ideal Candidate:
- Candidates will need a current SIA Licence (although training and qualifications can be provided) who can demonstrate exceptional written and verbal command of the English language, high levels of attention to detail and experience of supervising a team within a demanding corporate environment
- The Manager will always ensure the highest standards of response and communications from the team are maintained, ensuring consistent high standards of service and support to all staff, contractors and clients
- Knowledge of security systems is required to advise on the best applications and to work closely with relevant contractors to ensure integration with the security personnel on site
Essential Skills and experience:
- Experience in managing a team and building effective team working relationships
- An SIA licence is required to undertake this role and suitable training and certification will be provided where this is not currently held
- Full driving licence
- Strong co-ordination and planning skills, and strategic thinking
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to chair meetings
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Ability to effectively delegate to others, and explain what is required
- Confident and able to persuade and negotiate
- Experience of working in pharmaceutical or manufacturing industries is desirable
Please note: Please note that due to the nature of the roles, all successful candidates will be required to be security screened in accordance with BS 7858 and as such will need to have a five-year checkable employment or educational history or able to provide evidence of any periods of unemployment.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Corporate Security, Security Management, Security Consultancy, Operational Management, Operations, Pharmaceutical Security would suit this role.