Sorry, this job has expired!
Course Adviser / Course Advisor / Education Sales Executive
Job Title: Course Adviser
Job Type: Part time, Permanent (18 – 23 hours per week)
An opportunity has arisen at The College for a dynamic course adviser, they are an educational charity based in Cambridge which is part of the Open School Trust. They have provided tutor supported home study courses directly to learners for over 50 years, and also publishes learning resources for colleges and training providers and delivers blended learning programmes for public and private sector organisations.
To provide information and advice to all enquirers about their distance learning courses, learning resources and other services. To facilitate student enrolments, follow up enquiries and contribute to the income targets for student enrolments. To fulfil administrative tasks essential to enrolment and sales order processing.
- Respond to all first line enquiries by telephone, e-mail, letter and live chat
- Follow up enquiries made about colleage’s courses by telephone and email
- Identify and understand customers’ needs and advise accordingly
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all courses offered by them and the associated specification details (for example exam and certification requirements)
- Maintain knowledge of the market sectors in which they operate, be aware of their competitors and contribute to keeping up-to-date records of these
- Keep accurate records about discussions with potential students and sponsors of students and record in CRM system
- Process enrolments and sales orders and other admin to support these tasks
- Support the activities of the Student Support team as required
- Keep and report on enrolment and enquiry data as requested
- Take and process payments over the telephone in relation to course purchases, services, extensions and exam payments.
- Send out guide to courses catalogue as required
- Ensure ULN numbers are added to student records accordingly
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly to respond to changing priorities and make sure that customer needs and business objectives are met
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Spotting sales opportunities and closing a sale
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Time management
- Customer focussed
- Excellent administration skills
- Previous experience of working within a sales environment
- Experience in using a CRM system
- Good team player
- Interest in the education sector and understanding of UK qualifications
- 23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays (plus 4 days Xmas shutdown)
- Group life scheme
- Employee discount on College courses as well as other training and development opportunities
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Multilingual Sales, Bilingual Sales, Educational Sales Advisor, Course Sales, Higher Education Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development Executive, Sales Advisor, Sales, External Sales, Sales Person, Telesales, Business Development, B2C, Sales Development, B2C Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Account Manager, Internal Sales Person, New Business Executive, Sales Specialist may also be considered for this role.