Course Coordinator / Education Coordinator / Course Admin
Job Title: Course Coordinator
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
A great opportunity has arisen at The College for an experienced Course Coordinator in their student services team, they are an educational charity based in Cambridge which is part of the Open School Trust. They have provided tutor supported home study courses directly to learners for over 50 years, and also publishes learning resources for colleges and training providers and delivers blended learning programmes for public and private sector organisations.
The role of the Course Coordinator has two key areas of responsibility. One is to ensure that their distance learning students and remote tutors have a key contact in the Student Services team to resolve course and service related queries.
The Course Coordinator will provide general course administration and ensure that their students receive the highest quality of support. The other part of the role is to be the key contact for parents and sponsors for their under-18 service; this will involve regular communication with parents and school contacts, often about sensitive and challenging issues.
- Provide first point of contact for enrolled students and course tutors
- Provide admin support for students and tutors on cohort-based programmes
- Respond to a range of Student Support e-mails and phone queries
- Monitor awarding body websites and update their learning platforms as required
- Check course-related online forums on a regular basis and respond/post information as required
- Manage parent enquiries and provide support for parents of under-18 learners
- Support their tutors and manage expectations of the tutor role
- Manage and update the Parent Portal, ensuring current, accurate and relevant information is available at all times
- Work with schools and other sponsors, ensuring they receive accurate reporting, and that there is good student engagement and tutor interaction
- Build post-enrolment relationships with named contacts at schools and other sponsor organisations
- Contribute to business development in relation to home education and sponsors
- Provide admin support for the existing Schools Service, running reports and keeping in touch with school contacts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills – able to understand and present data
- Proactive approach and also a team player
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to check own work and the work of others
- Good time management
- IT literate and willing to learn new systems
- Experience of working in a customer service and/or administration role is essential
- Experience of working in education especially teaching support and/or assessment would be very useful
- SEN or other related qualifications desirable but not essential
- 23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays (plus 4 days Xmas shutdown)
- Group life scheme
- Employee discount on College courses as well as other training and development opportunities
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Learning Course Adviser, Course Advisor, Student Coordinator, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Services Executive, Education Customer Service, Course Customer Service, Customer Service Representative, Appointment Booker, Customer Support, Client Services, Customer Service Executive, Customer Assistant, Customer Service Telephone Consultant, Telephone Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Telephone Customer Support, Business Support, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Services Officer, Administrator, Customer Service Assistant may also be considered for this role.