Sorry, this job has expired!
Database Administrator / Oracle / DBA
£35000 - £55000 per annum
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Salary: £35,000 – £55,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company are an award-winning, successful software development company based near Embankment, Central London.
They have been steadily growing for 12 years while maintaining their start-up culture, where everyone is encouraged to discuss and share ideas with all staff members, from most junior to the company directors. Our growth has been fuelled by our strong relationships with customers, our reputation for excellence and our commitment to hiring the very best.
They work with the largest government departments, including the Ministry of Defence, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, HM Treasury and the Oil and Gas Authority.
Their projects include the UK export licensing service, the UK Energy Portal, and eCase, our correspondence, parliamentary questions and FOI handling product, used by many major government organisations.
You will be working in the infrastructure team alongside their senior DBA to provide maintenance and support for the Oracle databases. They have many Standard and Enterprise Oracle 11g and 12c databases in development, test and production environments. You will be familiar with the changing and demanding needs of development environments and the care and diligence required on production systems. They create an innovative environment where new approaches to achieving consistency and reliability are welcomed. You will be keen to share your Oracle expertise with our in-house developers, influencing best practices and working with them to solve challenging performance problems.
They offer a starting salary of between £35,000-£55,000 (depending on skills and experience), and excellent benefits, including: annual profit share, private health cover, and free bar in the office for Friday drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks are included. You will also get to enjoy our monthly social events, like go-karting, urban golf, bowling, ping pong at Bounce and visiting Cirque du Soleil.
- Excellent Oracle DBA fundamentals
- Understanding of Oracle Database Internals
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Excellent Performance Tuning, Optimiser analysis
- Enterprise & Standard Editions
- CPU/PSU patching
- Strong Linux & shell scripting
- Desirable (Dataguard, Spatial, LOBs, XMLType)
- Desirable (Other databases, Mysql, Postgres)
Ideally you will have:
- 1-4 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA
- Oracle Certified Professional qualifications (or working towards)
- Enthusiasm to improve our processes
- Keen to improve yourself through self-learning and external training
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must be able to obtain security clearance to work with the UK government.
- SimplyHealth – health cover that pays for eye care, contact lenses, dental, etc.
- Profit share*
- Season ticket loan*
- Ride2Work scheme with Evans Cycles
- Monthly all-staff social events (go-karting, urban golf, bowling, Taste of London)
- Company away days
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks
- Budget for training, going to conferences, etc.
- 23 days’ leave per year (rising to 25 after three years)
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Income protection cover
- Critical illness cover
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (Bupa)*
- Enhanced pension scheme (5% employer contribution)*
* available after completing your probation period.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: DBA, Oracle, Database Administrator, Oracle DBA, Oracle Database Administrator, IT Administration, IT, IT Infrastructure, IT Systems, IT Systems Support, Infrastructure Services Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, will also be considered for this role.