Sorry, this job has expired!
Deputy Care Manager
Brighton, East Sussex
Up to £47000 per annum
Job Title: Deputy Care Manger
Salary: £47,000 per annum
Job Hours: 37.5 hours per week working Monday – Friday, with some rostered weekend and night shifts
We believe every blind veteran should be able to lead the life they choose. At Blind Veterans UK we’re one transformational team. We provide rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support. Together we can help rebuild lives.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Deputy Care Manager to work with our dedicated team at our centre in Brighton to provide excellent levels of care to our members. The centre offers care, rehabilitation, and holidays to members with varying levels of sight loss and other disabilities.
You will be solution focused, with the ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff. You will be able make effective decisions, manage difficult situations and support the team with managing the complex needs of our members.
To be considered, you must be a Registered Nurse (RN1) and have a Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice qualification, or equivalent. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Work alongside the Registered Care Manager and Centre Leadership Team to ensure compliance in relation to the standards & regulations as set out by the regulatory authorities and bodies that govern the provision of nursing and health care services (Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate Wales, Nursing and Midwifery Council).
- Support the Registered Care Manager and Centre Leadership Team to maintain all aspects of the planning, running and ongoing monitoring of the centres registered care floors.
- Have oversight of rota management, ensuring sickness and annual leave cover is arranged in a timely manner and that the skill mix ensures the continuation of high standards of support to our members and other beneficiaries is always maintained. This will mean covering shifts where necessary to ensure adequate support is available to members at all times.
- Work alongside the Registered Care Manager and Centre Practice Development Nurse to audit and review all relevant documentation to ensure high standards of record keeping are maintained at all times.
- Support the Registered Care Manager and Centre Leadership Team to ensure the nursing and care staff operate within the charity’s values and ethos. Through leading by example, you will be a visible presence on the care floor working alongside the care and nursing staff to meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
- Ensure staff are trained, supervised, supported, and empowered to deliver a high-quality service to our members and other beneficiaries. This will involve direct line management, supervision, coaching and guidance, demonstrating excellent leadership skills at all times.
- Oversee and ensure compliance in relation to confidentiality, safeguarding and risk management procedures to ensure that members’ safety and wellbeing are safeguarded in a timely and responsive manner.
- Understanding of the standards & regulations as set out by the regulatory authorities and bodies that govern the provision of nursing and health care services (CQC, CIW, NMC).
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to delivering Care
- Previous experience of autonomy and decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead by example, providing inspiration leadership and support to a large team
- Ability to lead and inspire staff through effective line management
- NMC Registered General Nurse
- Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice, or equivalent
This position is subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks.
This role is based within a CQC registered care home. It is a legal requirement that all employees will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated in order to protect our residents. In order to be considered for this role, and as part of our pre-employment checks, you will need to be able to provide appropriate certification confirming that you have received a MHRA or EMA approved COVID-19 vaccine. Please note: Appointment cards are not valid proof of vaccination.
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Recruitment & Selection: w/c 1 November 2021
Please Click APPLY and you will be redirected to our website to complete your application.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Deputy Care manager, care manager, manager, Nurse, centre practice development nurse, development nurse, nurse teacher, nurse trainer, head nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Qualified Nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered General Nurse, RGN, Medical File Evaluation may also be considered for this role.