Sorry, this job has expired!
Deputy Shop Manager / Assistant Manager / Supervisor
Job Title: Deputy Shop Manager
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent – 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week with additional hours in mornings/evenings and weekends as an essential feature of the role
Closing Date: 5th March 2021
Who are they?
The Company celebrates and sells the best food and drink in Yorkshire and is now proud to have over 430 Yorkshire suppliers; a strong customer base and have won a raft of awards along the way.
They are exceptionally proud of their strong customer relationships and friendly atmosphere where the focus is on delicious, fresh seasonal food. With an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team, it’s the perfect place to indulge in a delicious meal and buy meat from their well-stocked butchery, select cheese from their deli and everything else from their busy shop.
Who are you?
As a deputy shop manager, you are required to assist in all aspects of running a successful shop and working being a strong team member. Passionate about great food and great customer service.
- To assist the Shop Manager in running a successful shop offering top quality products and customer service
- To be acting Shop Manager in their absence
- Help achieving shop financial targets, including sales and margins
- To understand and oversee all aspects of stock (merchandising, rotation, wastage etc.) Be commercially minded and make suggestions for improvements in the business
- To become fully conversant on Eureka their specialist software (training can be given)
- To handle cash, tills, change and cashing up with necessary reporting
- To open and lock the store as rota
- To be responsible for some ordering of products and gifts
- To fully understand and help execute their ethos
- To be an active team member of them; passionate about working together and be a good communicator and role model
- To supervise and motivate shop and Deli staff. Offer superb customer care personally and train team in offering great service. Along with other relevant staff, induct, train and provide ongoing support to all their staff
- To help ensure that sickness, overtime levels and the costs of overtime remain within reasonable limits
- To help preparing rota’s
- Help plan events
- Train, lead and inspire all shop staff
- Assist in ensuring that they excel in all aspects of Health and Safety
- Understanding and maintaining the highest EHO standards and Food Hygiene Legislation and that all working practices and processes reflect best practice
- To be a first aider and a personal licence holder
- To assist in other departments as required
- Excellent people management skills especially the ability to motivate staff and foster good team working between shop/cafe staff and other areas of the business
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and work procedures
- Ability to handle cash and cashing up
- A good understanding of their ethos
- Good writing, oral communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret and use financial information
- Good budget management skills
- Computer skills – ability to use Word, Spreadsheets and databases
- Good reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, create effective work plans and meet deadlines
- Ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- Good Customer service skills
- Excellent Health, safety and food hygiene awareness and knowledge and ability to translate this to all other staff
- A passion both for good food and for showcasing food from the Yorkshire and Humber region
- Be physically fit as this is a physically demanding role
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Life assurance of x 4 annual salary
- Company discount
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Store Team Leader, Store Supervisor, Shop Manager, Shop Team Leader, Sales Team Leader, Sales Supervisor, Assistant Sales Manager, Assistant Manager, Convenience Store Manager, Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Retail Manager will also be considered for this role.