Sorry, this job has expired!
Design Assistant Internship / Junior Designer
Job Title: Design Assistant Internship
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Location: Finchley Central
Job Type: Full-time (From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 6-months Internship
The company is a family run business which was established in March 2000, producing fashion clothing, including beach and nightwear, suede and leather clothing/jackets, scarves, bags, shoes, and accessories for numerous major UK, Europe and USA stores and brands. All of our product is manufactured out of India.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with retail brands such as Free People, ASOS, River Island, Whistles, Jigsaw, Jaeger and Next, along with many others. This role is perfect for a recent graduate who is looking to gain valuable experience in the fashion industry. The primary function of this role is to support the design team. In addition to design work, we will require assistance on certain office tasks to be included in the responsibility of this role.
- Design support on multiple categories
- Working on and designing into presentation boards for client meetings
- Researching and keeping up to date with design trends
- Assisting the designers with organisation of samples i.e photographing, steaming, labelling and maintaining records of the same
- Supporting the design team with technical packs
- Helping the designers maintain development charts
- Responsibility for the appearance and organisation of the showroom
- Various general office administration tasks
- Degree in Fashion Design
- Experienced with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Technical knowledge of drawing flat Garment cads using Illustrator
- Familiar with garment construction and possibly with accessories
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Someone reliable who is willing to learn and assist within a busy design Department
- Highly creative with a real vision for designing
- Motivated with great organisation and communication skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Design Internship, Design Graduate, Art Graduate, Junior Designer, Interns, Graduates, Trainees, Apprentices may also be considered for this role.