Sorry, this job has expired!
Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Project Design Engineer
Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an award-winning UK manufacturer and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products and they are now looking to hire a product Design Manager to join their team.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company.
Purpose of the Role:
To develop the existing product range for continued use within the HVAC industry through innovative ideas and problem solving.
To successfully design new products from concept stage to production including sketching, detail design, verification and test.
Liaison with all Chinese suppliers throughout development stage of projects.
- Responsible for problem-solving and finding solutions to sometimes complex design problems
- Producing detailed 3D designs to include drawing specification, BOMs, project costing, calculations and development testing
- Ensure the suitability and availability of materials specified
- Ensure thorough research and development testing is followed so all new products are reliable and FMEA is considered
The Successful Candidate:
- Knowledge/Experience of materials and manufacturing process to design components used within products. Design engineering experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Solidworks 3D CAD system
- Injection moulding
- Component design
- Bill of Materials
- Generating design concepts using hand sketches and 3D
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Recognised qualification in Product Design/Development or Engineering/Production Engineering combined with knowledge of materials and processes
- Bi-lingual (English and Mandarin) and able to liaise with Chinese suppliers throughout development stages of product design
- Design of injection moulded and machined components. Use of 3D CAD design/analysis software
- Able to back-up designs by demonstrating sound reasoning
- Comfortable working alone and as part of a multi-disciplined team
Experience within a global operation, knowledge of the Heating industry and Project Management experience are desirable although not essential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if they receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, not always is possible reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and they welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: CAD Technician, CAD, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Design Technician, 2D CAD, CAD Operator, CAD Designer, CAD Design, AutoCAD, Draughtsperson, Design Engineer, CAD Engineer, Solidworks, CAD Estimator, Bilingual Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Graduate, Auto-CAD Design Engineer, Auto-CAD Technician, Graduate Engineer may also be considered for this role.