Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Salary: £8.93 per hour for 20 hours per week plus overtime available
Job Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Closing Date for applications: 19th November 2021
Sir Josiah Mason Trust (SJMT) is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. SJMT want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.
Are you looking for a new role that makes a difference to the older generation?
Whether you lost your job due to coronavirus or are looking for a career change, join us to help support older people in your community.
The Trust is looking for a part-time Domestic Assistant working 20 hours per week to work at Alexandra House, the Trust’s residential care home in Solihull. You will work on our rota, 4 days per week from 9am to 2pm with some weekend working, however we can offer some flexibility on start and finish times. Part of the role is to also work up to an extra 10 hours per week cleaning our residents flats on an as needs basis. The Domestic Service is an integral part of the organisation, providing a first class cleaning service across all of the sites, including independent living and residential care services.
Experience is desirable, but not essential, as we train all our staff to deliver a high level of service. All of our staff are offered the opportunity to progress, which is why we encourage, develop and train our staff to reach their potential.
Domestic Assistants will be required to clean communal areas (including toilets, bathrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, halls, lounges etc.), offices and meeting rooms and resident’s rooms (including making or changing beds) or homes (including cleaning empty properties/rooms). This will include replacing sundry toiletry items such as toilet rolls, soap, etc
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate.
- Knowledge of working practices to prevent spread of germs around premises is desirable
- Awareness of health and safety
- A caring person who is sensitive to the needs of older vulnerable people and who can engage with and communicate with a diverse range of people
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Tact and discretion
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Shares the values of SJMT
- Two Covid-19 vaccinations
What we offer:
The Trust continues to reward its staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Funded DBS checks
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Free uniform
- Life Insurance
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
- Wider Wallet staff discount scheme
- Employee Assistance programme – 24/7 access to confidential advice on welfare or legal issues and access to counselling
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
SJMT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Trust celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note should sufficient applications be received we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. We always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox.
Candidates with experience of; Domestic Cleaner, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Commercial Cleaning Operative, Waste Operative, General Cleaner, Cleaners, Cleaner, and Hygiene Operative will also be considered for this role.