Sorry, this job has expired!
Drainage Repair Operative
Job Title: Drainage Repair Operative
Salary: Competitive + Benefits – Please advise desired salary upon application
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company manages critical incidents in the car and home on behalf of the world’s leading insurers, brokers and fleet managers, together with warranty and service plan provision for many OEMs and automotive dealerships, globally. They aim to continually go beyond expectations for their clients and their customers. Each year they process over four million insurance claims, saving leading insurers tens of millions of pounds.
They are currently looking for experienced Drainage Operatives and Skilled Ground Workers located within the South East area but would need to visit East Grinstead Office most days of the week.
This role will be site/household property based and requires experience in drain repairs with the ability to solve problems on site and make decisions on the works to be carried out, ideally during the first visit. You will be required to provide explanations to customers and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Visiting customer sites/households to carry out drainage investigation/repair works required
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to best working practices at all times, following processes laid down by the Health and Safety policy
- CCTV (labelling/reporting and recording)
- CAT Scanning in order to identify buried services
- CAT Scanning to trace/locate the drainage system using sonde
- Open Cut pipework replacement in excavations up to a depth of 2.0m. (including knowledge of trench shoring methods)
- Reinstatement of various different domestic surface types (Paving Slabs, Block Paving, Cold Lay Tarmac, Concreting etc.)
- Problem solving approach to repairs
- Experience in Drainage or Ground works
- CIPP Patch Repair experience (no dig repair using patch packer)
- CIPR Relining experience (no dig repair via inversion of calibration hose through liner using air or water)
- Experience in High Pressure Water Jetting
- Excellent standard of customer care
- Use of 360 Excavators (1.5T, 3T, 5T)
- Self-motivation and ability to use initiative
- Strong work ethic and flexible attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience In soils investigations with hydraulic equipment, window sampling equipment desired (Training will be given)
- Confined space entry
- 360 Excavator
- Asbestos Awareness
- ISO19 CCTV Operator
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role – Please advise desired salary upon application
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Flood risk, waterworks maintenance, Flood Engineer, Drainage Repair Engineer, Drainage Repair Technician, Drainage Maintenance, Drainage Ground Worker may also be considered for this role.