Employment (Sector) Growth Manager – Council
£39565 - £44255 per annum
Job Title: Employment (Sector) Growth Manager – Council
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £39,565 – £44,255 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 31st March 2019
The Council’s Corporate Plan recognises economic growth for all people, communities and businesses as one of its strategic priorities. Indeed, the economy matters across all outcomes for the Council and its partners. Together with this commitment, they have the drive and ambition to make the most of all local, regional and national opportunities and ensure delivery.
The Council enjoys fantastic working relationships with their Black Country LEP partners and the West Midlands Combined Authority and has a reputation as a place that gets things done.
They are currently looking for an Employment (Sector) Growth Manager to lead the Employment Growth Team to build on their successes, and two Employment (Sector) Growth Officers (Salary £31,914 – £36,740) to join the Employment Growth Team who can help them deliver their aims.
- Lead a team of four Employment (Sector) Growth Officers
- Be expected to motivate and develop staff to provide the best possible service to the business community, to remove blockages, achieve targets and contribute to the transformation of the council
- As an ambassador for the council, you will promote the council’s brand and their Proud Programme
- Will be educated to degree level and ideally have management experience in a public or private sector environment
- Will have significant experience of working with businesses and an excellent understanding of their needs together with a working knowledge of support available to assist them
- Will have experience of managing grant-funded programmes and a good understanding of what makes a successful bid
- Will be a confident communicator and an effective negotiator and influencer and able to build excellent working relationships with businesses, colleagues, elected members and partner organisations
What they can offer:
- Annual leave of 28 days or 33 days with 5 years continuous local government service + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Casual car user allowance
- Access to Learning & Development training courses to aid your development
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing of their staff
- Inspirational values
- A commitment to equality and diversity
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Economic Development Officer, Senior Economic Development Officer, Economic Development Coordinator, Economic Development, Regeneration Officer, Council Economic Development, Senior Regeneration Officer may also be considered for this role.