Sorry, this job has expired!
Job Title: Estate Joiner
Location: York, YO41 1QG
Job Type: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Garrowby Estate is a traditional agricultural estate extending to 13,250 acres, located 13 miles east of York.
- Two principal houses
- 40 let farms
- 750 acre in-hand farm
- Stud farm
- 1140 acres of forestry
- 140 let houses and cottages
- Various commercial properties including a village pub
Garrowby Estate and three other estates owned by the Halifax family are managed from the Estate Office in Bugthorpe.
The Building Department, which works alongside the Joinery Department and contractors, currently comprises a Head Builder, Building Foreman and two general builders.
The Joinery Department, which works alongside the Building Department and contractors, currently comprises a Head Joiner, a Joinery Foreman and two joiners.
An experienced, versatile and skilled individual is required to join the department. The position offers a varied workload within an attractive working environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Experienced and competent in a broad range of site joinery skills, property repairs, maintenance and improvement work.
- Bench joinery skills would also be an advantage as we have a fully equipped Joinery Workshop.
- Self-motivated and capable of producing high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work on own initiative and solve problems.
- A friendly character is essential with the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Extra Info/ Benefits:
- The successful applicant will be entitled to join the pension scheme and the employer will contribute 6% of salary.
- Working hours are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday with a 15 minute break in the morning and a 30 minute break for lunch. Some overtime may be available during the summer months.
- Holiday entitlement is 29 working days including Public Holidays.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Carpenter, Foreman, Roofer, Window Fitter, Tradesperson, Construction Worker, Builder, Skilled Trades, Woodworker may also be considered for this role.