Events Assistant / Events Coordinator / Events Organiser
Up to £21449 per annum
Job Title: Events Assistant
Salary: £21,449 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 5th April 2019
Interviews proposed to be held: Wednesday 10th April 2019 onwards
The Organisation is the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. They bring dentists together, support their members through advice and education, and represent their interests. This is a challenging and dynamic period for dentistry and the Organisation is recruiting an Events Assistant to work in their busy Events team.
This is a full-time role based in their offices in central London. The post-holder will be required to assist with the administrative and organisational activities for onsite events and provide administrative support to colleagues in the Events team.
- Responsible for the preparation, organisation and onsite delivery of the Organisation’s programme of clinical and non-clinical events, Training essentials courses, event management contracts, and Branches and Sections events, as appropriate
- Liaise with speakers and chairs (when appropriate), working closely with them to guide them in the run up to the event and on the day
- Taking delegate bookings and processing payments for events as required
- Develop good relationships with venue staff and suppliers and ensure ongoing liaison
- Add events and provide relevant copy to the Organisation’s website
- In association with the design editors and marketing team to proof and check promotional pieces being produced for events
- Responsible for managing delegate bookings and processing delegate registration fees for events
- Prepare for events, including printing delegate documentation, producing evaluation forms, printing name badges, packing the delegate packs and crate
- Oversee and manage the smooth running of events on the day whilst ensuring high quality standards are maintained
- Summarise and write a report on the delegate and exhibitor evaluation forms for each event
- Respond to appropriate member and delegate enquiries
- Assist other colleagues in the events team as and when necessary
- Attendance at colleagues’ events as required
- Undertake special projects as and when necessary
These responsibilities will involve travel within the UK from time to time
The Successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Demonstrable experience of managing events
- Excellent personal organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise, plan, work to tight deadlines and manage a range of complex administrative demands
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Confidence in ability to interact with people at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of an effective team
- Commitment to a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Experience of proof reading items such as promotional flyers, brochures and course handouts
- Appreciation of AV and other technical capabilities to complement efficient and effective stage management of events
- Good IT skills, including in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- A generous company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cash back for various healthcare treatments
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Candidates with experience of: Events Assistant, Events Coordinator, Seminar Organiser, Event Organiser, Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Event Assistant, Event Administrator, Events Administrator, Exhibition, Conference Officer, Conference Executive, Conference Assistant may also be considered for this role.