Job Title: Female Pathway Lead
Salary: £25k-£30k depending on skills and experience
Job type: 2 year fixed-term contract – 40 hours per week
Do you love sport? Do you love cricket? Or indeed, do you have a passion for developing talent within female sport?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any, or all, of the above questions, why not consider becoming part of the #CumbriaCricketFamily.
Cumbria Cricket Limited is presently looking to recruit a Female Pathway Lead to work with the Director of Cricket to develop a clear strategy for the Cumbria County Female Talent Pathway (Women and Girls).
This important position will see you working alongside the Head of Male Pathway (Men and Boys) as well as Assistant Coaches to ensure the whole of Cumbria Cricket Coaching is aligned from top to bottom.
The role will involve:
- Overseeing all County Talent Pathway cricket in the county, including County Age Group Squads.
- Planning and delivering development and competition programmes for County Age Group Squads (both winter and summer).
- Developing, maintaining and implementing a talent development framework aligned to ‘Unleashing Potential’ to guide pathway delivery, player identification and coach development.
- Leading the planning, monitoring and delivery of individual development programmes.
- Leading, organising and managing a support team to deliver the programme (including): age-group coaches and managers; apprentices.
- Ensuring excellent organisation, administration and communication of the pathway programmes to provide efficient and effective programme delivery.
- Providing effective communication with schools, clubs and parents.
- Providing effective communication relating to the nomination and support of pathway players in regional and national programmes (North West Thunder).
- Complying with the requirements of the County Partnership Agreement and the Pathway Performance Review process to ensure that all related funding is awarded, and best practice installed.
- Working closely with the ECB National Talent Manager to ensure the on-going advancement of the pathway programmes.
- Delivering the Chance to Shine Coaching programmes including developing leaders through the girls’ secondary programme.
- Supporting the growth of the female cricket through the Women & Girls Hub Clubs, working closely with the Women’s and Girls’ Growth Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a clear understanding of what qualities and characteristics are required for a person to become a talented cricketer.
- Have experience of setting up and delivering coaching programmes.
- Hold ECB Level 3 qualification but appropriate Level 2 candidates with extensive knowledge and experience will be considered.
- Have a wide range of coaching experience to include coaching in the Talent Pathway.
- Be an innovative thinker with the ambition to deliver a best-in-class talent development programme within an agreed budget.
- Be able to communicate through various platforms and at all levels.
- Be computer literate and proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft programme
- Have current DBS, Child Protection (Safeguarding Young People), First Aid and ECBCA Insurance.
- Be able to travel independently between sites, holding a full and valid UK driving license.
- Have energy and enthusiasm, demonstrate professional rapport with staff, be flexible and adaptable and show diplomacy.
Closing date for applications is 8th July 2022
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Sports Supervisor, Sports Assistant, Cricket Development Officer, Sports Centre Supervisor, Sports Therapy Coach, School Sports Coach, PE Coach, Athletics Coach, Physical Development, Sports Teacher, Physical Education Teacher, Activities Coordinator, Activities Instructor, Sports Education, Sports and Facilities Organiser, Sports Coordinator, Head of Physical Education, Coaching Staff will also be considered for this role.