Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance and Monitoring Officer / Finance Administrator – Part Time
Up to £30000 per annum
Job Title: Finance and Monitoring Officer
Salary: £30,000 per annum pro rata
Job Type: Part time, Permanent (1 day per week)
The Company is an alternative education provider specialising in supporting vulnerable young people who are disengaged from school, from family life, from society and from the chance to succeed.
Regardless of age and ability, they challenge and support their young people to change the way they see themselves and change the way they behave. They help them to develop the skills, confidence and self-belief that will allow them to reach their full potential.
They challenge, inspire and support their young people through a unique combination of one-on-one and groupwork mentoring, vocational and academic learning. Their core group of mentors is complemented by a flexible network of experts in different fields.
Success is different for everyone, so they work with each young person to develop a tailored learning programme to suit their abilities and aspirations. They work together with them and their families to plan, action and review their personal programmes and help them build a successful future.
They achieve results by showing their young people – not telling them – the choices they have: in how they engage, behave and learn. They listen to them to understand what’s holding them back. Then they work with them to set realistic goals to help them get where they want to be.
Their approach has been successful in working with young people and their families, schools and communities to improve behaviour, school attendance, life skills, academic achievement and employability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Run the day-to-day finances of the organisation and maintain the accounting records
- Assist the Senior Development Team by preparing the regular management information and the financial monitoring returns for grant finance
- Run the day-to-day finances of the organisation including checking and payment of purchase invoices and salaries, raising sales invoices, submission of payroll data to outsourced provider; bank reconciliations etc.
- Maintain Sage accounting records
- Prepare financial management information including monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts
- Prepare grant monitoring financial information as required for each separate grant
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance
- Experienced using Sage Accounting system
- Trustworthiness and integrity Strong attention to details
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and the ability to translate these into effective action
- Qualified Accountant
- Experienced of working in a charity finance department
- Experienced of developing financial systems
- Experienced of preparing grant monitoring returns
- Minimum of 2 years relevant training and/or relevant administrative working experience
- Experience of maintaining Sage Accounting records
They run an Employee Assistance Programme which provide free and confidential advice on a wide range of issues for employees and their home life. They also provide an employers’ stakeholder pension.
They are an equal opportunities employer and it is their policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and on merit regardless of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Payment Processing, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, Financial Administrator, Accounts Admin, Finance Support, Assistant Credit Controller, Credit Control, Junior Accountant, Cash Flow Reporting, Office Administrator, Business Support Assistant will also be considered for this role.