Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator
Job Title: Finance / Accounts Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
Due to the rapid growth of the business, they are opening an entry level position for a Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant who can support the Finance Team of a dynamic and technology focused digital marketing agency.
This role would be suitable for a school leaver, an AAT studier, or a non-Accounting related degree holder, so if that’s you, please get in contact!
This is an exciting opportunity for a determined and proactive individual who is seeking a career in Finance. You will report to the Management Accountant and also support the wider team with the day-to-day financial operations that lead up to the month-end close.
The role will offer invaluable exposure to multiple functions of a Finance department and the scope of the role extends across the four entities within the Group. The role will involve undertaking junior accounting tasks and you will be responsible for assisting with a variety of recurring financial activities such as billing, credit card spend tracking, expense approval, media spend tracking and basic bookkeeping.
Responsible for supporting:
- Monthly invoice creation of fixed agency fees and third-party rechargeable costs for clients, as well as support on calculating variable agency fees
- Weekly updating of credit card spend trackers with new transactions to ensure expenditure is accurately coded (with receipts filed for a clear audit trail) and statements are correctly reconciled by liaising with the Office Managers
- Approving employee expenses and summary reporting to management on a bi-weekly basis
- Weekly tracking of media spend for all clients across multiple third-party platforms (for both billing and management information)
- Processing media spend invoices into the accounting system while ensuring there are no errors or inconsistencies with them
- Posting basic accounting journals to assist with the month-end close, at the request of the Management Accountant
- Assisting with the reconciliation of various accounts as an element of the AP process (checks on external staff payments)
- General support to the team for ensuring all bank accounts are fully reconciled each week
- Supporting the Management Accountant and Group Financial Controller with ad-hoc tasks
- Assisting the AP and AR functions where necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Some relevant practical experience is required (12 months maximum)
- A keen interest in digital marketing or technology
- Computer literate with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Google Suite equivalent), specifically Excel where intermediate skills are essential (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, basic data manipulation)
- Approachable individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to form good working relationships with internal staff
- Proven competence of working in a team environment to achieve a shared goal but also confident when working independently
- Highly organised with the ability to re-prioritise workload depending on the urgency of requests
- Good attention to detail with an analytical and methodical approach to tasks
- Knowledge of key accounting principles and an understanding of the foundations for double-entry bookkeeping
- Passion for accounting and finance with an aptitude for numbers and the desire to complete the AAT qualification (or equivalent)
- Strong work ethic and determined to develop into the role, with the support of the Management Accountant
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Share options scheme
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, AAT, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Graduate, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Support, Finance Clerk, Financial Administrator, Finance Administrator, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Office Administrator, Business Support Assistant may also be considered for this role.