Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator
Up to £22000 per annum
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Closing Date: 7th January 2022
SJMT is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. We want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything we do is rooted in our 370-year history and driven by their vision for the future.
We are looking for a full-time office-based Finance Assistant working 35 hours per week to support the Finance Manager in maintaining the financial ledgers of the Trust and to facilitate the smooth operation of systems and procedures in the department.
This is an extremely exciting time to join SJMT at a time of growth and development in the charity which currently has schemes in Solihull, Shirley, Wolverhampton, Erdington and Kidderminster.
The post holder will have knowledge and experience of double entry book keeping, control account reconciliation and bank account reconciliation.
- To maintain the Purchase Ledgers on a daily basis
- To maintain the Sales Ledgers on a daily basis
- To maintain the Rent Ledger on a daily basis by posting receipts on a daily basis
- To reconcile the bank accounts on a monthly basis
- To check, balance and re-imburse petty cash floats as appropriate
- To pay staff expenses
- To administer the corporate credit card process
- To provide support for inter charity reconciliations
- Knowledge of double entry book keeping, control account reconciliation and bank account reconciliation
- At least 1 year’s experience using computerised accounting systems (ideally SAGE 50 Accounts)
- A methodical approach with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work to targets
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Good problem solver with a curious mind, willing to use own initiative
- At least part AAT / other accountancy qualification qualified
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels
- A DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate
- Two Covid vaccinations required as work involves carrying out duties in the residential care home from time to time
What we offer:
The Trust continues to reward its staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Funded DBS checks
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Wider Wallet staff discount scheme
- Employee Assistance programme – access to 24 hour confidential advice / counselling
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Please note should sufficient applications be received we reserve the right to recruit at any stage. We always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Finance Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Sales ledger Assistant will be considered for this role.