Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator / Accounts Assistant
Up to £24000 per annum
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum dependant on experience with regular review
Position: Full Time, Permanent (42.5 hours per week)
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in a newly created role?
Would you like to join a rapidly expanding company and add real value to their business?
If so then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
This is a temporary to permanent position to be reviewed after 6 months. To be responsible for all bank postings and reconciliations of the businesses’ 9 bank accounts.
To provide accounts payable support to the payable’s manager on a day to day basis and take responsibility for the businesses’ fixed asset accounting process. Help to provide credit control/sales order support in busy periods.
- Post all payments and receipts made to and from the businesses’ 9 bank accounts on a daily basis
- Responsible for allocating all the businesses’ direct debit payments and post any missing invoices onto the purchase ledger
- Reconcile bank and loan facility accounts on a weekly/monthly basis
- Responsible for kiosk invoice processing and banking
- Process of invoices and reconciliation of all third-party supplier accounts
- Responsibility for the accounting of the business’ fleet of trucks and ensuring the fixed asset schedule is accurate and up to date
- Aid in the processing of all other invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliations after month end close
- Work with stock accountant when any purchase/stock queries arise
- Cover purchase ledger manager when absent from the business
- Complete all month end tasks by day 3
- Help to cover ‘document release’ and customer/credit control support
- Other ad hoc tasks
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Immediately available or short notice period
- Previous experience of bank reconciliations and working within a fast-passed environment a must
- Must have a recognised accounting qualification or be working towards AAT/CIMA or similar
- Great attention to detail, problem solving and query resolution skills
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’
- The ability to build good working relationships with both external and internal suppliers/customers
- Strong double entry knowledge
- Problem solving and query resolution skills
- Good communication skills and ability to escalate queries to the appropriate manager
- Net Suite/Oracle experience preferred
What’s on offer?
- A convenient work location next to Harlow train station
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare Scheme
- Social events
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Support, Finance Clerk, Financial Administrator, Finance Administrator, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Office Administrator, Business Support Assistant may be considered for this role.