Sorry, this job has expired!
Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent (9:00 – 5:30, Monday – Friday)
This is an exciting opportunity to join The Company, an award-winning B2B technology provider. They enable digital transformation by providing technology that paves the way for organisations to automate processes, grow revenue, and engage their audience.
They serve a range of sectors internationally including corporate, heritage, education, healthcare, public sector and retail. They have worked with leading organisations including the UK Houses of Parliament and Fortune 500 companies.
Having grown rapidly both nationally and internationally over the last 12 months they’re now seeking a forward thinking person to join the senior management team. In this newly created role you will be responsible for managing the finance function and personally responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the financial performance of the business as well as managing stock control.
Currently working with Excel and Xero, you will identify and implement improvements and new systems to the finance, sales, inventory and operations planning processes. Systems will align to the sales forecast with operations optimizing the inventory levels in conjunction with the Far East supply chain.
You’ll be working as head of the Finance function and alongside peers in Operations and Sales while reporting to the CEO.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Management of the finance function
- Ensure the transition of finance from an external provider and ensuring it operates smoothly and meets all deadlines
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts and prepare management information for the executive team
- Responsible for cash flow reporting and general business trading forecasts
- Work with the CEO to manage external stakeholders such as banks and other funders
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Production of Management accounts and financial position
- Taking opportunities for foreign currency exchange, moving funds when optimum
- Help build a financial plan if the company are to invest in a something new and calculate ROI
- Manage payments based on job costs
Managing WIP within the business
- Collaborating with Sales, Suppliers and Operations to develop and maintain schedules, production and ordering plans
- Plan the execution of all orders going through the business, coordinating with the operations team to agree resource requirements and delivery deadlines
- Assess the capability of meeting changing customer requirements and take corrective action if the schedules are slipping
Stock management and material demand planning.
- Identify and implement systems and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement balancing customer service and inventory
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and minimum stock levels
Preparation of production plans for the range of products.
- Creating daily/weekly plans determined by customer orders and capacities
- Working closely with Operations to improve scheduling tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects
- Min 5 years finance experience – international experience helpful
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive mind
- Practical and hands on at times
- Great communicator and motivator of people
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of Xero Software
What they are offering:
- 30 days paid annual leave, including public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly social events
- Annual bonus scheme
Working within a small team, this is a fantastic opportunity to shape your own career path and become a driving force in the success of the Company.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Group Finance Officer, Accountant, Financial Controller, Chartered Accountant, Head of Accounts, Qualified Accountant, Management Accountant, Head of Finance, Group Accountant, Finance Specialist, ACA, ACCA, CIM will also be considered.