Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance Officer / Accounts Assistant / Finance Controller
Up to £28527 per annum + pro rata
Job Title: Finance Officer
Salary: £28,527 per annum pro rata
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (6 Months)
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 24th August 2018
The Organisation is the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. They bring dentists together, support their members through advice and education, and represent their interests. This is a challenging and dynamic period for dentistry and the Organisation is recruiting a Finance Officer.
The post-holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of the purchase ledger including: the processing of invoices, member and staff expenses, ensuring all invoices and expenses are correctly authorised; performing weekly BACS and cheque payment runs; reconciling suppliers monthly statements; managing all accounts payable accruals and supporting the Finance Manager as required.
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience of working in a busy Finance Department
- Have a good understanding of book-keeping
- Proven purchase ledger experience
- Knowledge of the SAGE accounting systems
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work on own initiative
- An organised and methodical approach with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a good team player with a keen interest to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- An understanding of month-end/year-end practices is desirable
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Bookkeeper, Chartered Accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Financial Accountant, Finance Controller, Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Credit Control, Finance Assistant and Accounts Receivable may also be considered for this role.